As a strategic partner, the Manager, Talent and Organizational Development works with the Vice President of Human Resources (VP HR) and Operating Unit Leadership to align and support the VP HR with the execution of the talent strategy and operating unit strategic initiatives. This role works closely with Leadership and Group HR to consult, provide advice and guidance as it relates to talent-related activities including but not limited to: recruitment and selection, staff retention, performance management, talent development, compensation planning and employee relations.
The Manager, Talent and Organizational Development fulfills the primary responsibilities of the role by executing the following duties and tasks:
- Consults and counsels with leaders on performance management, talent development, salary administration, succession planning, recognition, training gaps, employee relations, employee conduct, etc.
- Guides and coaches leaders through actions related to formal disciplinary procedures, jointly determines appropriate course of actions; reviews and provides suggestions for performance improvement plans; and ensures legal compliance with aid of VP HR and/or legal counsel when necessary
- Proactively identifies areas for process improvement, innovation, and opportunities for efficiency and synergy
- Partners with management on engagement strategies that improve employee satisfaction, this includes coordination of community or company events, e.g.
- Confers with leaders to identify staffing needs, job specifications, job duties, qualifications, skills and competencies
- Partners with recruiting on internal and external recruitment efforts for all positions
- Partners with hiring managers to ensure proper company and department on-boarding tasks including: 30/60/90 day reviews, survey analysis, etc.
- Partners with the hiring manager to ensure required timely completion of new hire I-9’s; and finding alternative sources to complete new hire’s I-9 for off-site/remote/employees. Updating I-9 verifications in HireRight as required.
- Assists in the development and delivery of management and/or employee training sessions related to strategic initiatives, performance management, employee engagement, succession planning, etc.
- Actively researches, creatively designs and implements effective methods to educate, enhance performance and recognize performance; advising and collaborating on the development and administration of recognition programs with Group HR and Shared HR Services
- May lead or participate in special and/or cross-functional project teams related to Company strategic initiatives
- Assist in administration and communication of ADA process as needed
- Identifies, evaluates and resolves employee relations issues such as employee complaints, harassment allegations and civil rights complaints with the aid of VP HR and/or legal counsel when necessary
- Conducts, Analyzes and reports on trends related to employee relations activities; Reviews exit interviews to analyze reasons for separation and to identify trends
- Assists employees with developing personal strategies or action plans related to the workplace, e.g., career development, performance improvement, peer/manager conflict, communication, etc.
- Administers initial and ongoing Visa and Immigration requirements
- Ensures the integrity of employee and payroll data for job and salary changes, as well as maintain and approve payroll logs
Role Specific Competencies
Positive Learning Culture
Decision Making and Problem Solving
Employee Performance Management
Additional duties as assigned
- Learn how our business works at all levels of the organization and customer base (internal, policyholders, agents, etc.)
- Participate in planning the user experience for all aspects of our online presence
- Take a leading role in developing our customer portal and future offerings
- Develop and implement projects (research, sketch, code, test, roll out), involving stakeholders across the organization
- Stay on top of trends and new technology - Identify future tools and strategy, and create the business case for adoption and implementation
- Work closely with the IT and Marketing teams to manage timelines, resources and communication strategy
Curious negotiators who always go for the win-win.
Work on a team that provides world-class claim management and managed care solutions.
You will utilize intelligent technology to deliver interactive risk management solutions.
As a Claims Representative, you will deliver BerkleyNet’s fast and easy customer experience, while investigating claims and negotiating the best outcome for both sides.
As a member of the Claims team, you will have a strong impact on our bottom line. Success in your role means success for the company.
Who we are…
BerkleyNet is an innovative and leading provider of workers compensation insurance and services. We were started in 2006 with the goal of delivering an easier solution for customers - driven by speed and simplicity. Since that time, we've developed a national presence and are recognized for our "Ridiculously Fast, Amazingly Easy" approach to workers compensation. If you are looking to join a fast-paced, energetic and passionate team with room for professional growth and development - BerkleyNet may be a great fit for you.
The BerkleyNet Way is…
- Fearlessly explores new paths
- Generates solutions and positive energy
- Be a community builder
- Be an original
- Embrace ownership and adaptability
- Responsiveness is our reputation
- Communicate openly and share knowledge
- Integrity is non-negotiable
- Research learn and apply worker's compensation statutes
- Investigate claims as reported and determine eligibility for benefits and administer benefits as warranted
- Address client issues and respond to inquiries promptly
- Manage the progression of the claims process through collaboration with physicians, nurses, attorneys and other parties as needed
- Analyze and process claims with the ability to have ownership of policy and claim transactions
- Translate data and understand department processes, functionality and requirements
- Maintain compliance with federal and state regulations
- Must be able to work independently and within a team environment
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned