Here are our current job openings. Please click on the job title for more information, and apply from that page if you are interested.
The system cannot access your location for 1 of 2 reasons:
- Permission to access your location has been denied. Please reload the page and allow the browser to access your location information.
- Your location information has yet to be received. Please wait a moment then hit [Search] again.
Click column header to sort
The Chief Underwriting Officer is responsible for the underwriting function at Intrepid Direct. This executive leader will be in charge of underwriting profitability and leading/developing the underwriting department for success. The role requires experience, analytical curiosity, and decision-making ability. This includes executive level business planning, developing team members, forecasting, industry risk selection, and guidance in insurance industry affairs in all states.
Key functions include but are not limited to:
- Lead portfolio decisions through analytical insights making for profitable underwriting outcomes.
- Provide high-level leadership, expertise and guidance in underwriting and insurance matters.
- Collaborate with actuarial team to evaluate current and future industries to assure correct loss costs are utilized.
- Participate as a member of the executive team in the development of business strategies; including working together to make critical decisions affecting risk, profitability in all current and future verticals, and growth of the business unit.
- Responsible for the development, execution, and monitoring of underwriting action plans to achieve targeted growth, retention, and profitability goals of both our large account division and our small account division.
- Lead the assessment and implementation of ongoing process improvements in the underwriting department as technologies and business models evolve.
- Develop and manage relationships with sister companies, W. R. Berkley, reinsurers, and vendors.
- Identify employees for promotional opportunities and create development plans to prepare them for their next step within the organization.
- Ensure high level of teamwork, mutual respect, and customer service mindset exists within the underwriting team.
- Ensure department is well informed of business matters consistent with Intrepid Direct values.
- Resolve performance issues consistent with company policy. Ensure compliance with company policies by all staff members.
The Data Analyst will be responsible for developing and delivering accurate and timely information to stakeholders across the organization. This role will have the opportunity to work across levels and disciplines to identify and execute opportunities for data-driven improvements by rapidly evolving our data and reporting infrastructure.
Key functions include but are not limited to:
- Independently or in collaboration with others, gather requirements for reports and data extracts.
- Comfortable working with a variety of data sources and structures.
- Map and conform data between multiple data sources as required to respond to data requests.
- Responsible for meeting deadlines for outstanding data requests, including recurring data needs for internal and external audiences.
- Descriptive Analysis
- Applies business logic to raw data to create business information for reporting and decision making.
- Execute ad-hoc reporting on behalf of the business community
- Respond to urgent data/reporting needs effectively.
- Assist in defining measurements, metrics and KPIs to use data to drive the business forward.
- Create and maintain SQL queries for reporting.
- Create and maintain SSRS reports
- Visualize data and KPIs using Power BI
- Diagnostic Analysis o Creates ad-hoc SQL for analysis and investigation.
- Identify, document and collaborate with other teams to resolve issues pertaining to data quality in source systems.
- Interacts and effectively collaborates with all levels of employees across various departments.
- Must exhibit professional behavior at all times while representing the company.
Intrepid Direct Insurance is looking for an experienced Senior Data Engineer to mentor, orchestrate, implement, and monitor the flow through our organization. This opportunity will have a direct influence on how data is made available to our business units, as well as our customers. You’ll primarily be working with our operations and engineering teams to create and enhance data pipelines, conform and enrich data, and deliver information to business users. Learn the ins and outs of what we do so that you can focus on improving availability and quality of the data we use to service our customers.
Key functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist with long-term strategic planning for modern data warehousing needs.
- Contribute to data modeling exercises and the buildout of our data warehouse.
- Monitor, support, and analyze existing pipelines and recommend performance and process improvements to address gaps in existing processes.
- Automate manual processes owned by data team.
- Troubleshoot and remediate ingestion and reporting related issues.
- Design and build new pipelines to ingest data from additional disparate sources.
- Responsible for the accuracy and availability of data in our data warehouse.
- Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team to develop data-driven solutions that align with our business and technical needs.
- Create and deploy reports as needed.
- Assist with cataloging and classifying existing data sets.
- Participate in peer reviews with emphasis on continuous improvement.
- Respond to regulatory requests for information.
- Assumes other tasks and duties as assigned by management.
- Mentor team members and advise on best practices.
The Sales Director is responsible for large account (over $150,000 premium) new business production within their assigned vertical and brands. This role requires an in-depth knowledge and understanding of Intrepid Direct’s products and services and how we differentiate ourselves from other insurance providers. This Director will have to be strategic minded to meet growth goals. Working with large account the ability to present, negotiate, and communicate with C-Suite level individuals is critical. Responsibilities also include maintaining current, and developing new, client and vendor relationships.
- Meet large account new business goals in assigned vertical and brands
- Implement strategy to meet or exceed growth, retention within assigned verticals/book of business
- Build relationships with clients, prospects, and vendors to foster great knowledge and trust with assigned clients and segments/verticals.
- Assist the CSA team in having our historical high retention of clientele in assigned verticals and brands
- Ability to have analytical communications internally and externally. Discussing loss trends, claims, and premium implications for a book of business or for individual large insureds.
- Identify opportunity in assigned markets for risk management and innovations for improving our offering
- Learn the competitive landscape and share with team Maintain and leverage data on our CRM (Salesforce)
- Prospecting activity documented with objective to meet sales goals
- Work closely with our marketing team to strategize on best approaches and investment
- Collaborate with Underwriting, CSAs, Marketing and other stakeholders to ensure knowledge sharing on market trends, brand changes and risk management developments
- Lead stewardship process for large clients during the year.
- Identify and attend conferences to assist in meeting sales goals.
- Perform other duties and/or projects as assigned by manager
- Continuous learner of coverages and risk management in assigned brand or industry