Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
Here are our current job openings. Please click on the job title for more information, and apply from that page if you are interested.
The system cannot access your location for 1 of 2 reasons:
- Permission to access your location has been denied. Please reload the page and allow the browser to access your location information.
- Your location information has yet to be received. Please wait a moment then hit [Search] again.
Click column header to sort
The Controller is an experienced financial professional who provides leadership and management of the financial reporting, planning and analysis for Gemini Transportation, a profitable and growing excess commercial automotive insurance business unit. S/he assists the business unit management team with profitability analysis, short- and long-term forecasting, executing on innovation initiatives and other special projects.
This is an exceptional opportunity for an Accounting professional who is looking for career advancement while maintaining a healthy work/life balance.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Directing management of corporate GAAP & Statutory and internal management reporting
- Analyzing operating results on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Overseeing daily operations of the Finance department performing transactional accounting consisting of billing and cash receipts processes and reinsurance accounting
- Monitoring expenses and suggesting productivity improvements and/or expense saving initiatives
- Ensuring compliance with local, state, and federal reporting requirements
- Working with department managers to develop the annual budget and plan
- Developing forecasting models to assist Senior Leadership with business decision support
- Directing financial and SOX audits and providing recommendations for procedural improvements
- Performing financial analysis of insureds to assess credit risk when requested
Oversee the Claims department; responsible for leading the development, implementation and execution of claims strategies, initiatives and processes. Lead and direct department leadership and personnel in achieving high standards of productivity, efficiency and alignment of organizational goals. Ensure compliance with all local, federal and state regulations related to claims while minimizing risk/exposure to the organization
Key functions/duties of the position include but are not limited to:
- Provide vision and leadership to the Claims Team in accordance with the company’s strategic direction
- Cultivate a departmental culture that excels in communication and collaboration
- Drives the development, implementation and continuous planning, organizing and leading of all claim programs, metrics, processes, results and initiatives.
- Leads, directs and has full management accountability for claims staff with an emphasis on talent management and succession planning in accordance with corporate strategic direction.
- Collaborates with underwriting, risk management, actuarial, and other claims partners to ensure knowledge sharing on latest trends, market trends, legal changes and loss reserving. Regularly reports on loss trends and exposures to internal and external business partners.
- Leverage people, technology, and processes to drive innovation within the department
- Identifies and implements claim best practices in all operating units for proper and consistent claim performance, compliance and achievement of financial goals.