Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
Here are our current job openings. Please click on the job title for more information, and apply from that page if you are interested.
The system cannot access your location for 1 of 2 reasons:
- Permission to access your location has been denied. Please reload the page and allow the browser to access your location information.
- Your location information has yet to be received. Please wait a moment then hit [Search] again.
Click column header to sort
The Life Sciences Executive Underwriter is responsible for new business marketing and production, renewal underwriting and service of business for an assigned group of producers. These producers may span several geographic territories. Additionally, within the next 12 months, this position may be responsible for broker management in the assigned territory and achieving overall team results. Key functions include but are not limited to:
- Provide leadership and direction to the team in order to meet the goals for new business, retention, rate and customer service. This includes effectively running team meetings to coordinate efforts and ensure a unified approach to handling brokers and issues.
- Coach, mentor and develop team by establishing clear goals and providing regular feedback as well as training and career development opportunities; empower LSSs to assume responsibility for their functions within the team.
- Responsible for results of the team; review results with the VP Field Underwriting Manager; proactively offer suggestions to improve performance and/or remove obstacles as necessary.
- Maintain business assignments, adjust as necessary, and implement contingency plans to address vacations and other time off.
- Build strong relationships with and manage brokers to ensure you meet or exceed financial goals including growth, profit, retention, and new business.
- Responsible for account solicitation, risk selection and analysis including the corresponding documentation, pricing and marketing of Berkley Life Sciences products and services for new and existing customers.
- Business development results for assigned book of business including finding and developing new producers to expand the team’s opportunities within a specific region.
- Identify opportunities for account rounding.
- Provide technical support to producers and insureds
- Stay current with all compliance, procedural and workflow changes.
- Work collaboratively and effectively with, underwriting associate, operations, legal, home office underwriting, risk management and claims.
- Engage in innovation initiatives, product launches, marketing campaigns and short-term projects as appropriate to contribute positively towards success of the overall team and company.