Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
Here are our current job openings. Please click on the job title for more information, and apply from that page if you are interested.
The system cannot access your location for 1 of 2 reasons:
- Permission to access your location has been denied. Please reload the page and allow the browser to access your location information.
- Your location information has yet to be received. Please wait a moment then hit [Search] again.
Click column header to sort
The Assistant Underwriter will assist underwriting department through the handling of limited exposure accounts and to complete underwriting functions based on the underwriting guidelines and Letter of Authority. Rate and issue assigned accounts and provide functional support to underwriters.
Handle new and/or renewal accounts, as assigned by underwriters or manager, by:
- Reviewing new submission material, assessing risk and determining appropriate terms.
- Processing assigned Automatic and non-Automatic renewals within delegated authority.
- Following specific instructions of the underwriter.
- Reviewing applications from agents and obtaining missing information.
- Refer to underwriter or underwriting manager when outside assistant underwriter authority.
- Prepare proposals for agents.
- Follow up on all quotations in order to verify account status.
- Following guidelines or instructions, order inspections as needed for underwriting of risk.
- Maintain records and prepare required reports as necessary.
- Meet or communicate with agents/marketing personnel.
- Maintain contact with and act as liaison between independent agents, insurance company, claims adjusters and other concerned parties in administering accounts where necessary.
- Maintain and update files for underwriting reviews.
- Rate and process business as assigned, to include manual, computer and experience rating.
- Set up policy order and instructions for issuance by Operations team.
- Handle endorsement requests within delegated authority.
Perform other account-related duties, as assigned by underwriters, such as:
- Order loss control
- Order / review MVR’s, Guidestar information, BUR or other outside materials as instructed.
- Complete valuation estimations as requested or directed. Handle routine inquiries from agents
To develop, grow and maintain a profitable book of Human Services business within an assigned territory through marketing and underwriting processes; demonstrate functional technical knowledge of underwriting concepts, practices, procedures and techniques to include coverage issues, product lines, marketing, relevant systems and competition in the market place. Manages relationship with assigned producers to manage submission, quote and bind activity and deliver on service commitments established by the designated Service Level Agreement (SLA).
• Risk Selection: evaluate/assess submitted applications for appetite acceptability; assess risk and determine premium, terms and conditions in accordance with Letter of Authority (LOA) for new and renewal business; generate quote proposals and deliver to producers; negotiate final terms leading to binding.
• Producer Relationships: develop and maintain relationship through regular visits and phone contact; review pipeline and prospect lists; develop leads; review Producer Score Card and provide ongoing feedback toward goal commitments.
• Complete underwriting checklists outlining underwriting thought process, loss analysis, pricing theory and risk characteristics.
• Maintain records and prepare required reports as necessary, including Salesforce, Clearance, BPMi and any other systems involved.
• Meet or communicate with marketing personnel as warranted, including sharing competitive information, requesting support/assistance with the relationships, and seeking assistance in marketing strategy.
• Maintain contact with and act as liaison between independent agents, claims adjusters, finance team members, actuarial team members, Risk Control team members and other concerned parties in administering accounts where necessary.
• Maintain and update files for underwriting reviews.
• Provide instructions for policy issuance.
• Handle endorsement requests to ensure timely processing.
• Assist other members of the department including underwriters, assistant underwriters, and Operations team members as warranted.
May perform other functions as assigned.