Click column header to sort
The auto liability claims department is looking for an experienced senior-level examiner to handle moderately complex and high exposure claims within our organization. This position requires an understanding and knowledge of litigation management in multiple jurisdictions. The successful candidate will routinely handle claims involving liability/coverage issues, contractual liability issues and litigated matters including some reserved in excess of $250,000.
- Conduct the necessary investigation to determine coverage, liability and damages.
- Evaluate, negotiate, and settle assigned property damage or bodily injury claims within authority granted, or seek authority for those claims in excess of authority.
- Obtain all required adjuster licenses within 180 days
Key Functions include but are not limited to:
- Handle complex claims from assignment to conclusion, develop action plans to manage case for early resolution.
- Provide direction and guidance to defense attorneys to develop an effective and cost-efficient litigation plan.
- Provide a positive customer service experience
- Maintain a current diary on outstanding claims
- Prepare large loss reports as needed
- Meet or exceed objectives for reserving standards, quality audits, closing ratio, expense controls, Medicare compliance
- Maintain all adjuster licenses by attending CE courses as required
• Perform other duties assigned
Are you looking to expand your insurance knowledge and gain some hands on experience in the business world? Are you dedicated, hardworking and tend to think outside of the box? Then this quite possibly may be the opportunity for you!
This role will give you the best intern experience in our Environmental Claims department. You will be able to work directly with our Claims Examiners and gain valuable claims experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Overall job responsibilities include:
- Obtain a thorough understanding of the insurance industry and the Berkley Environmental culture
- Attend live and on-line trainings from our Company leaders
- Meet top industry executives who will share their experiences within the industry with you
- Learn about claims and how exciting a claims career will be
- Learn insurance, medical, construction, environmental, and legal terminology and concepts
- Create claims under environmental, general liability, auto and worker’s compensation policies
- Learn claims handling skills including customer service and interpersonal business skills
- Assist claim adjusters and claim assistants as needed
Skills and Competencies:
- Detailed oriented with the ability to multi-task
- Great organizational skills
- We are hiring for our Associate training program, anticipated to begin in June 2023.
- The associate program is a 12-month program.
- The expectation upon successful completion of the program is to be assigned as an entry level underwriter or entry level claims adjuster.
- Open to all office locations for underwriting (Boston, Jersey City, Philadelphia, Dallas, Chicago, Walnut Creek & Los Angles) and NJ or Texas for claims
- Candidates will be pre-selected for either a Claims Associate position or an Underwriting Associate position
- Each Associate will complete a rotation in our Underwriting and Claims Department with exposure to our other teams including Finance, Premium Audit, Sales and Marketing, among others.
- Associates works under direct supervision. As an associate, you will participate in a training program that will combine coursework and on-the- job training.
- Associates will actively learn about property, casualty and environmental products, underwriting and claims philosophies, strategies, processes and procedures
- Associates will establish relationships within the Company and industry and develop entry level sales and marketing skills.
All trainees will:
- Obtain a thorough understanding of the insurance industry
- Learn the property, casualty and environmental products underwritten by Berkley Environmental
- Learn the workflows, guidelines and processing steps within the business units
- Learn to interact and collaborate with colleagues within the business units
- Gain an understanding of key business unit strategies and how the strategies are incorporated in the overall corporate strategies
- Develop relationships with Home Office employees and leadership within the organization
- Learn insurance, medical, construction, environmental, and legal terminologies and concepts.
Our Claim Associates will:
- Develop claims handling skills including customer service and interpersonal business skills
- Develop claim negotiation strategies and reserving techniques
- Learn to conduct accurate and timely loss and coverage investigations on claims involving worker’s compensation, business auto, commercial liability and pollution/ professional liability policies
- Recognize and properly address coverage issues, potential fraud, and subrogation
- Attend mediations
- Obtain Texas adjuster license
In your role as an Azure Data Engineer, you will be responsible for expanding and optimizing data and pipeline architectures, and for optimizing data collection and flow across functional teams. Your responsibilities include assisting software developers, database architects, data analysts, and data scientists with data initiatives and ensuring a consistent data delivery architecture is put in place throughout ongoing projects.
- Design and implement data pipelines using Azure technologies such as Azure Data Factory, Azure Stream Analytics, and Azure SQL Database
- Migrate on-premises data stores to Azure cloud platforms
- Implement data transformations using Azure Databricks
- Collaborate with data scientists to design and implement machine learning models using Azure Machine Learning
- Optimize data pipelines for performance and scalability
- Monitor and troubleshoot data pipelines within Azure Data Factory
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand business requirements and translate them into technical solutions
- Participates in the testing process through test review and analysis, test witnessing and certification of software.
- Work with technical resources to ensure accurate translation of specifications into workable application code. Work with outside vendors and sister companies on coordinating data capture.
- Conduct financial and MVR (motor vehicle record) analysis
- Participate in marketing and broker projects
- Conduct underwriting background and data collection through database searches, aerial photographs, etc…
- Research Projects
- Organize BPM (business process management) electronic files
- Assist Underwriters and Underwriting Assistants as needed
- Enrolled in a 4-year university