Responsible for the supervision of all Management & Professional Liability Claims related matters as well as the analysis, development and execution of claims strategies to deliver optimal loss cost management and customer satisfaction in support of overall business objectives. Work collaboratively with the Berkley Select Leadership Team in loss trend, coverage and exposure analysis for existing business and new opportunities. Work directly with internal claims personnel and outside partners (legal counsel, TPA’s) to manage and achieve high standards of productivity, efficiency and alignment of organizational goals. Ensure compliance with all local, federal and state regulations related to claims while minimizing risk/exposure to the organization.
- Ensure that all valid claims are paid promptly and accurately
- Ensure that adequate claim reserves are established and maintained. Appreciate the importance of accurate reserving in assisting the company maintain adequate rates.
- Manage expenses appropriately to enable optimal outcome in complex cases.
- Analyze existing claims strategy to ascertain effectiveness. Develop and implement appropriate claims strategy in conjunction with the President, Chief Underwriter, Chief Actuary and Chief Financial Officer.
- Provide vision and leadership to the Claims organization in accordance with the established strategy
- Cultivate a culture that excels in communication and collaboration
- Lead in the development, implementation and continuous planning of all claim programs, metrics, processes, results and initiatives
- Collaborate with Underwriting, Actuarial, Finance and other stakeholders to ensure knowledge sharing on market trends, legal changes and loss developments
- Leverage resources, technology, and processes to drive innovation through the use of predicative analytics within the department
- Understand and utilize internal claim best practices for proper and consistent claim performance, compliance and achievement of business goals
- Work with the Leadership Team on cost containment strategies including allocated and unallocated expenses within the Claims operation
- Create the Claims annual operational goals, objectives and budget
- Supervise and analyze effectiveness of panel counsel to assure compliance with agreed upon metrics and recommend changes to the President where necessary.
- Provide regular Claims updates to brokers and reinsurers as necessary.
- Ensure sound litigations management practices, including detailed review of legal bills using appropriate tools
- Attend mediations, arbitrations, depositions, trials, as necessary
- Perform other duties and/or projects as assigned by the President
IL, Chicago - 550 W Jackson Blvd - 4th Floor
A Business Analyst is responsible for the operational efficiency and effectiveness of the Claims Department in support of the strategic goals of the organization. This will be accomplished by driving data analysis, efficiency and quality of work products and processes in order to meet the goals of the claims department and claims services. Works under the supervision of a direct manager and other claims management. This position will work at time with IT and/or finance insuring data and information is gathered correctly for reporting and evaluation.
IL, Chicago - 233 S Wacker Drive - Suite 3900