Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
Here are our current job openings. Please click on the job title for more information, and apply from that page if you are interested.
The system cannot access your location for 1 of 2 reasons:
- Permission to access your location has been denied. Please reload the page and allow the browser to access your location information.
- Your location information has yet to be received. Please wait a moment then hit [Search] again.
Click column header to sort
The Vice President, Transactional Risk Underwriter will underwrite all aspects Representations and Warranties Insurance for Global Financial and Strategic Buyers acquiring North American Targets in most industry segments. Underwriting will occur on deal time and underwriting decisions will be made in a commercial fashion while maintaining underwriting discipline. The Vice President will develop their own “personal brand” among brokers, buyer counsel and buyers in order to win business.
Berkley Transactional is a division of Berkley Professional Liability. Our Mission is to provide creative and customized insurance solutions that enable buyers and sellers in M&A transactions to execute their transactions efficiently and effectively. We provide seamless execution, professional interaction, stable capacity with fair pricing, reliable coverage and professional claims handling.
The Private Company Management Liability Senior Underwriter analyzes and underwrites existing and prospective private company accounts seeking Directors and Officers, Employment Practices, and Fiduciary Liability insurance coverage. S/he develops relationships with key brokers to increase the submission flow and quality of new business prospects. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Prepare thorough underwriting work-ups that contain a detailed financial analysis, claims/legal history, and a review of significant recent corporate events for each new business and renewal account.
- Communicate with brokers during the renewal process to ascertain the client’s renewal expectations and on new business accounts to find the best opportunity for successfully winning the business.
- Participate in client meetings designed to address each account’s risk factors and mitigation approach.
- Work with senior managers to rate and price new/renewal accounts and draft all quote/binder letters and issue the policy.
- Responsible for maintaining the underwriting files on all in-force and lost/declined accounts.
The Transactional Risk Claims Attorney will manage all aspects of claims resolutions for Representations and Warranties, Tax and Contingent Liability claims. S/he will review claims notices, navigate purchase agreements, schedules and data rooms and draft follow-up letters responsive to the claims and manage the process through resolution. The Transactional Risk Claims Attorney reports to the Senior Vice President & Chief Claims Officer at Berkley Professional Liability and works closely with the members of Berkley Transactional team. S/he will retain outside counsel and forensic accountants as needed.