Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
Here are our current job openings. Please click on the job title for more information, and apply from that page if you are interested.
The system cannot access your location for 1 of 2 reasons:
- Permission to access your location has been denied. Please reload the page and allow the browser to access your location information.
- Your location information has yet to be received. Please wait a moment then hit [Search] again.
Click column header to sort
Join our team and love coming to work! At Acadia, we value our employees, our customers and our communities. Employees at Acadia are part of a progressive company where everyone can make a difference. We promote an inclusive environment which encourages continuous learning and the chance to grow and develop.
We are currently searching for a Senior Underwriter/Team Leader to grow Acadia’s book of business and oversee the day-to-day management and development of our Middle Market underwriting team in the State of New York. Responsibilities include taking a lead position in the execution of Acadia underwriting & marketing strategies, reviewing individual risk opportunities with underwriters, conducting performance evaluations, and developing agency relationships. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated ability to build agency relationships and grow a book of business, and will have commercial underwriting experience and experience in underwriting management.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Work with our New York Profit Center Manager and Underwriting Director to set the vision and underwriting strategy in New York State
- Set strategy and direction around agency management, territory and penetration
- Assist in developing rates and product enhancements
- Identify underserved areas, geographically and with agencies, and develops a plan for success, in conjunction with branch leadership
- Set production goals, business planning goals and travel goals for self and staff
Acadia Insurance is a regional property casualty insurer with offices throughout the Northeast. As a member of W.R. Berkley Corporation (NYSE: WRB), one of the largest property casualty insurance holding companies in the United States, our financial strength and integrity are two of the main reasons why Independent Agents place business with us. Acadia is rated A+ (Superior) by A.M. Best, with an A+ claim paying ability rating by Standard & Poor’s.
At Acadia, we value our employees, our customers and our communities. Employees at Acadia are part of a progressive company where everyone can make a difference. We promote an inclusive environment which encourages continuous learning and the chance to grow and develop.
Become a member of Acadia's Specialty Marine department and have a direct impact on helping our customers and helping us reach our strategic goals. As an Underwriter, you'll build relationships and work closely with independent agents throughout Massachusetts. You will be responsible for evaluating, selecting and pricing commercial inland marine policies to ensure profitable growth, promoting Acadia inland marine products working with independent insurance agencies on achieving growth goals. The person in this position must successfully develop and foster excellent relationships with agents and position Acadia to be the marine market of choice, all in support of the company’s marketing strategies.