The AVP, Garage Product Line Leader (Garage PLL) is responsible for the underwriting function and P&L of the Garage business unit. The Product Line Leader maintains overall responsibility for underwriting, including revenue growth, profitability and competitiveness. The Garage PLL sets guidelines and controls, program parameters, and eligibility requirements for the business unit. They oversee business development programs to ensure they are consistent with the strategic direction of the business unit and defines and establishes program parameters, including limits, states of operation, lines of business and reinsurance levels. The Product Line Leader, in conjunction with the Chief Underwriting Officer, develops strategic plans and annual budgets. Ensures service delivery and client relationship management for the broker offices. Monitors results.
Business Strategy/Financial Responsibilities
- Defines and implements underwriting strategy and sets direction for product line. Accepts ultimate accountability for growth, profit and expense of the product lines.
- Defines strategic opportunities within the marketplace and customizes the approach based on market/economic conditions.
- Identifies and drives the development of new products and initiatives.
- Accountable for controllable expenses.
- Accountable for the management of underwriting measures including production, rate change, rate application, loss ratios, expenses and quality.
- Provides supervision to ensure compliance with organizational policies, procedures and defined internal controls.
- Identifies issues/impediments to achieving business results and implements corrective measures.
- Provides singular point of contact for identifying/analyzing issues and results.
- Monitors results.
- Focuses and clarifies message from Senior Leadership.
- Lead or significantly contribute to project teams.
- Provides creative solutions in process/structure to assure agile and appropriate response to customer needs.
- Partners with Marketing in development marketing strategies.
- Initiate and sustain close relationships with key accounts, producers, industry associations and specialized service providers, that directly enhance segment or line of business.
- Experience in planning, orchestrating, and leading highly effective broker meetings.
- Strong technical knowledge regarding underwriting, coverage and pricing within product line.
- Serves as a company representative to external organizations, as appropriate.
People Management Responsibilities
- Responsible for the strategic allocation of resources, within staffing model, that will drive desired business results.
- Manages the daily activities of underwriting staff and oversees all performance, coaching and staff development needs.
- Oversees all department Human Resources activities. Hires, audits, trains, and supervises underwriting staff.
- Accountable for staff selection, retention, development and diversity results.
- Models behavior that encourages collaboration, teamwork and open communication.
The Executive Underwriter- Contract produces and underwrites new and renewal business from assigned agents/brokers in the primary line of business. S/he is expected to consistently achieve budgeted financial results (premium volume, loss ratio, premium collections and expense management including commissions) through new business acquisition, retention of business, and effective price management as a result of executing personal and branch objectives. The position interacts and collaborates with a team of Line of Business colleagues and other critical internal/external business associates. S/he is involved in both outside and inside business development, including direct responsibility for agency development and management within a book of business. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Underwrites, assesses and manages assigned portfolio of accounts in a particular line or lines of business with little or no supervision by his/her Manager and can effectively underwrite both performance and non-performance bonds.
- Understands and executes personal and branch objectives and strategies in an effort to produce budgeted results.
- Develops and leverages productive agency/client relationships through a high level of visibility with agents, brokers and clients in support of business objectives.
- Plans and executes effective regular travel to develop and enhance new and existing producer and account relationships; Visits new and existing accounts; prepares and shares meeting agendas, obtains follow up documentation, evaluates the accounts and submits timely detailed submission memos for appropriate credit approval.
- Effectively communicates the mission and objectives of BSG in account meetings with confidence, clear communication good listening skills, professionalism, and empathy with the goal to be a trusted adviser and valued partner to all parties. Maintains and manages workflow, including effective communications, with agency representatives in assigned territory, meeting all company standards and expectations. Communicates acceptance or rejection of new and existing accounts while working towards establishing and enhancing the Company’s brand.
- Accountable for accurate underwriting documentation/information in account management systems and adherence to documentation standards and ensures accuracy and integrity of all information contained in account files, and keeps them up to date.
- Effectively evaluates bond forms and contract documents in an effort to assess risk.
- Actively keeps management apprised of issues of importance to the Branch and to the Company.
- May assist or be directly responsible in the development, mentoring/coaching or supervision of Sr. Underwriters, Underwriters, Associate Underwriters, or Underwriting Trainees, as determined by his/her Manager.
We are seeking data professional who will be a part of a team that’s building data and analytical tools and frameworks to exploit advantages from the latest developments in technology, data engineering, and data science. As a WRBC Data Engineer - Analyst you’ll have the opportunity to be on the forefront of driving a major transformation within our diverse portfolio of insurance companies in the US and internationally.
Key Functions/Duties of Position: Describe the overall job responsibilities (including any decision-making authority) for this position.
Collaborate with and across business and technical teams to design, develop, test, and implement data and analytic solutions that enhance our underwriting, claims, and operational processes through the application of predictive modeling, data engineering and data management
Facilitate the refinement and execution of the roadmap and vision for information delivery and management; including the enterprise data platforms, BI & analytics, and data management
Lead teams to deliver the solutions that fulfill the Business information needs and align with the information vision and strategy
Apply business strategy while driving technology strategy, balancing short term and long term needs to ensure that the architecture can scale and evolve according
Engage an end-to-end approach by connecting all the pieces of data to deliver the data while leveraging all available assets
Provide advice, guidance, direction, and authorization to carry out major plans and procedures to ensure schedule attainment, product development process adherence, and performance and budget targets are met
Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery/ dataOps.
Work with a team of subject matter experts, data scientists and data analysts to identify ways to transform operational processes, enhance data assets, and manage organizational change as we implement solutions that leverage data and analytics in new ways
Share your passion for staying on top of tech trends, experimenting with and learning new technologies, participating in internal & external technology communities.
Collaborate with insurance product managers, and deliver robust solutions that help protect millions of businesses and workers through our diverse portfolio of insurance products.
Some travel may be required. (< 25%)
Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- 5+ years’ experience in applying data and analytics concepts to complex business problems, producing end to end solutions that drive measurable value
- 3+ years of experience working with data engineering to deliver data products that facilitate BI, analysis, and operational processes
- 2+ years’ experience participating in structured problem-solving exercises (design thinking, business process mapping, customer centric design) with customer and partner stakeholders to identify pain points, develop strategies, and design solutions to business problems
- 3+ years’ experience in delivering business analysis (BI) solutions in support of operational management (metrics definition, report development, report implementation, change management)
- 3+ years’ experience working with market leading business intelligence reporting suites (Tableau, Qlik, Spotfire, Power BI)
- 2+ years of experience with Agile / Scrum delivery practices to help teams meet goals and drive change
- 2+ years working with subject matter experts, and technical teams to design, implement and support data management practices within a large or medium sized organization
- Comfortable working in a dynamic and diverse business landscape with distributed teams across the U.S. and internationally.
- Demonstrated ability to explain modeling strategies and concepts, outcomes, and trade-offs with customers and partners.
Provide oversight on environmental contractor claims portfolios handled by TPAs so as to ensure smooth claims handling/investigation and evaluation processes.
- Rigorous ALAE control and management, through appropriate selection, instruction and management of approved 3rd party vendors;
- thorough coverage investigation and issuance of coverage position letters;
- proactively gathering and analyzing information necessary to make an accurate evaluation of the claim and development and recommendation of resolution strategies;
- establishment of or provision of reserve recommendations pursuant to established procedures;
- proactive and successful resolution of complex claims with substantial involvement in the mediation/settlement negotiations;
- adherence to best practices and applicable claims handling rules and regulations through file review and audits; and
- timely and accurate adherence to appropriate reporting/escalation requirements;
- Work with internal coverage counsel to ensure consistent evaluations and investigations and highlighting training opportunities;
- Work with and liaise with program administrator as appropriate to discuss issues, claims, etc.;
- Collaborate and liaise with underwriting manager with regard to claim specific issues, trends and other areas of interest;
- Participate in regular calls, roundtables and conferences on the program.
As a Group Product Manager, you will lead a small team of Product Managers and Analysts while also doing your own product work. Your chief responsibility is to coach your team and to help them to realize their potential as Product Managers. Specifically, you will coach them on how to own the vision, strategy, design, and execution of their product, and how to build consensus across their stakeholders and teammates.
Beyond that, we’re looking for someone with a high degree of ownership. And the way we tend to define ownership is in terms of your willingness to look critically at yourself and make changes. Problems are inevitable, and you are going to fail a lot. We are looking for people who will take responsibility for failures, learn from them, and reinvest that learning in their work.
- Creating Context. You will invest a lot of your energy in making sure your team members have clarity about our objectives and where they should focus their time.
- Delivering Results. You will curate the best ideas, hypothesize their value, and implement the most promising of them. You will constantly re-assess what we have built to make sure we are realizing actual value.
- Focusing on the Data. You will establish OKRs that define our goals and quantify our results. You will regularly review your indicators for actionable insights and you will host OKR Reviews to create cross-functional alignment.
- Understanding Our Customers. You will keep yourself and our team highly exposed to customer feedback. You will use this exposure to anticipate customer needs and constantly improve their experiences.
- Saying No. You will help us choose the right problem to solve next. Sometimes you will have to say no to things. You will consistently weigh short- and long-term trade-offs while keeping a healthy bias toward the long term.
- Challenging Status Quo. For various processes, you will understand what we do and why we do it. Then you will work across Business, Operations, Design, Data, and Engineering teams to reimagine how.
The Contract Recruiter will contribute to the organization by executing the duties and tasks associated with the full life cycle of recruiting including sourcing, screening, recommending candidates for positions at all levels, negotiating offer terms and onboarding new hires across multiple operating units. Proactively and creatively source candidates for current and future positions in order to build diverse candidate pools. The recruiter owns and drives the end to end recruiting process leveraging our ATS to deliver an efficient and effective process to business partners.
- Collaborates with the Vice President of Human Resources (VP HR), Hiring Manager and other internal stakeholders to build a recruiting plan to attract top talent including job postings, job descriptions, market intelligence, recruiting outsources and outlets leveraging the ATS
- Delivers overall candidate experience as created by VP Talent Management including responding to candidate inquiries, application status requests and other requests for information
- Ensures candidates’ experiences and interactions reflects each operating unit’s culture and performance expectations
- Tracks and reports on recruiting metrics. Meet or exceed key performance indicators and service level agreements including but not limited to time to fill, cost to fill, interview-to-hire ratio
- Proactively sources, identifies and engages passive candidates to build and maintain a quality and diverse pipeline to build the prospective talent pool
- Engages external recruiters within corporate guidelines
- Designs, builds and implements innovative recruitment programs such as internships, college recruiting and employee referral bonus programs
- Sources candidates through standard and creative platform including social media, internet sourcing, job boards, outreach, employee referrals, industry group meetings and attendance at other business functions and in collaboration with Operating Units supported
- Screens candidates as appropriate including resume review, in-depth phone screens which result in recommendations to the Operating Unit HR and/or Hiring Manager regarding possible next steps
- Prepare and provide interview guides and provide coaching to hiring managers on interview process and gather interview evaluations based on key competencies of the position
- Coordinates interviews and follow up debrief conversations with Hiring Manager and VP HR which lead to decisions about offers
- Coordinates, and sometimes extends and negotiates at the direction of the operating unit, offers of employment including compensation packages, relocation packages where applicable, and other aspects of employment at Berkley
- Collaborates with VP HR on rescission of offer
- Tracks candidate activity to ensure that all pre-hire actions are complete in a timely manner (such as completed application, etc.)
- Ensures all offers and candidate communication meet or exceed federal, state and local laws or local country laws if outside the United States
- Identify and implement alternative staffing solutions as needed
- Coordinate and support execution of employment contracts in foreign jurisdictions
- Reviews and evaluates restrictive covenants and refer to Berkley Legal if necessary. Informs hiring manager and VP HR of restrictions and any actions recommended by Berkley Legal. Communicate any actions to candidate
- Conducts initial vetting of visa and immigration requirements and refers to hiring manager and VP HR for further action
- Orders background checks and drug screens through ATS and resolves any issues or unfavorable outcomes
- Orders I-9 for operating unit completion; collaborates with VP HR/hiring manager to complete
- Generates welcome letter to candidate with logistics for Day 1, info about completing I-9, etc.
- Communicates to non-selected candidates and enters them as appropriate into pipeline for future opportunities
- Investigates labor and employment market conditions. Shares information with colleagues, hiring managers, HRVP’s and others
- Recommends topical content to L&D that would support development of interviewing and hiring skills of managers
- Proactively identify areas for process improvement, innovation and opportunities for efficiency and synergy
- Additional duties as assigned
The Paralegal is responsible for legal research and analysis of applicable federal and state regulatory laws and the preparation and submission of regulatory compliance filings with various state and federal agencies. Helps ensure conformance with applicable corporate and regulatory law, including regulations of state insurance departments by performing the following duties.
- Provides legal research and analysis support to various functional areas within the company in matters involving corporate and/or regulatory compliance.
- Completes regulatory compliance filings for state and federal agencies, including licensing applications and renewals.
- Coordinates the preparation and submission of information on behalf of the Company and its affiliates and assists with responses for additional information in connection with these filings.
- Prepares holding company registration filings for submission to state insurance departments. Works with other Legal staff as necessary to complete filings when required.
- Researches and analyzes applicable state laws, regulations and insurance department material in connection with filings and other compliance related activities.
- Assists with the completion of data calls and surveys as assigned, and assists Finance and/or Legal staff with various state and federal filings.
- Assists with document review and editing as needed.
- Manages vendor contract submissions, and related record keeping.
- Represents the Department and various meetings when called upon to do so.
- Assists with management of internal client intake & meeting scheduling.
- Oversees the payment of department invoices.
- Perform Corporate Business (Non-IT) SOX testing
- Work with SOX Leader to:
- Coordinate Operating Unit Business SOX testing
- Review Operating Units SOX testing and evidence
- Track and report on Business testing results
- Maintain Corporate SOX documentation
- Coordinate and/or perform MAR testing
- Perform and document annual risk assessment and scoping
- Assist in assessment and refinement of internal control procedures for 60+ Operating Units
- Provide support for risk assessment questionnaires and CFO and CEO certifications.
- Interact regularly and collaboratively with Internal Audit peers to ensure consistent methodologies, policies, and alignment of resources, to foster a unified team atmosphere.
- Participate in special projects as assigned by Internal Audit Management.
- This role will report to the VP-Audit within the Internal Audit department.
If you are interested in pursuing a career in Commercial Insurance or advancing your insurance career, Acadia has several opportunities available in our Rating Department. We are looking for a Rating Supervisor, a Senior Rating Technician and a Rating Technician Trainee(s) to join our team!
The Senior Rating Technician is responsible for the accurate and timely processing of all Line’s of Business and transactions including specialty and more complex items. Position requires adherence to all written procedures and authority levels and an ability to provide support to rating technicians and mentor rating trainees. Responsibilities include working effectively with the other departments and following the appropriate workflows and procedures to ensure results meet our service level standards.
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
- 3-5 years of commercial insurance rating experience
- Associate or bachelor’s degree or a combination of education and relevant experience.
The Rating Technician Trainee will learn all aspects of commercial lines insurance and rating. In this role, you will quote and issue all lines of new business, renewals, and endorsements as requested; adhere to written authority level, communicate with agents to request missing information, provide a high level of customer service, and maintain workflows within Acadia standards.
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred but not required
- Open to entry level college grads
Leadership in the overall execution of the strategy for the Core Construction segment including include the performance management of team members to achieve both individual and team goals. Based on the individual skill set of team members, the Team Lead will mentor, coach as needed to oversee broker and portfolio management to achieve the profitable growth required by the company. This position will also develop, grow and maintain a small book of business for an assigned brokers on and individual basis.
- Be informed/knowledgeable of industry issues and activities through formal educational processes to develop all skills for yourself and team
- Assist team members with managing broker relationship to meet new and renewal business objectives.
- Actively participates in continuous improvement by generating suggestions, following appropriate procedures and work principles, participating in problem solving activities, and using continuous improvement tools to support the work of the team and segment.
- Continue to enhance knowledge, skills, and abilities and apply knowledge effectively in the business and share with team members
- Coach, mentor, train junior level underwriters to advance their underwriting knowledge and grow their book of business
- Manage the performance of team members though formal feedback, salary administration, improvement action plans as needed.
- Review claims and loss information on individual risks. Use this information to identify and re-evaluate accounts and develop strategy for dealing with exposures and frequency issues.
- Manage the portfolio profitability and identify favorable and unfavorable classes of business.
- Meet/Exceed production, profitability, and service targets.
- Ability to research and solve more complicated problems and make decisions.
- Adhere to the guidelines to determine proper coverages and pricing.
- Adhere to underwriting authority level as per on file with Manager for self and team members.
- Ensure that the team gather underwriting information to properly evaluate commercial risks for acceptability within company guidelines. Underwrite for profit.
- All other duties as assigned
This position will require regional coordination with and accountability to the Vice President, Head of Sales and Distribution with accountability also to the RVP. In this capacity, works with the Regional Vice President, to ensure that results for each product, program, and/or service support overall profitability, growth and retention of business, and that each is consistent with all related underwriting initiatives. This position will be responsible for the management of existing producers, as well as identifying and developing new producers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing new production sources (either retail or wholesale) for accounts in our target market and assigned territory.
- Managing relationships with existing production sources.
- Manage analytics and meet with the production sources to go over results and develop action plans.
- Manage producer appointments and terminations.
- Work with local underwriting teams to coordinate new or renewal business strategies
- Meeting and building in person relationships with potential and existing clients
- Assist with marketing and web content.
- Analysis of competitor offerings/forms to look for gaps or weaknesses.
- Participation in trade shows/industry functions.
- Cross sell with other business units as opportunities are presented.
To meet the major responsibilities of this position, up to 80% of your workweek will be traveling/out of office meeting with new and existing customers.
The VP, Chief Sales and Marketing Officer will be a member of the Senior Staff that contributes to the overall strategic direction of the Operating Unit (USIG) and will be directly responsible for the sales, distribution, agency engagement and marketing strategy to ensure long term growth and profitability.
The Chief Sales and Marketing Officer supports the organization’s mission, vision and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: entrepreneurial spirit, innovation, responsiveness, challenging the status quo, effective collaboration, evidence-based decision making, and resilience. Performance includes demonstration of the following competencies: leadership, persuasion, analytical mindset, client focus, results driven, and quality decision making.
The Chief Sales and Marketing Officer is responsible for the development and execution of industry leading go-to-market, sales, marketing and customer engagement strategies while developing and maintaining highly effective relationships with both external (e.g. independent agents) and internal customers (e.g. underwriting). Will also be responsible for developing and executing an advanced social media and digital marketing strategy.
Will hire, develop and lead a team of Business Development associates that will successfully execute on the developed strategies.
Will demonstrate the highest level of partnership and collaboration with underwriting to drive superior results in new business submissions, new business written premium, retention and profitability.
Position requires superior sales, communication, collaboration, influence management and analytical skills. Attaining and maintaining a superior knowledge of Union Standard products and services is critical.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish sales and business distribution strategies with a focus on long term profitability
- Develop and execute a successful marketing strategy that includes branding, social media and digital marketing
- Develop and maintain superior agency management strategies, including the orchestration of agency appointment, termination, tiering and compensation strategies
- Hire, develop and lead a team of Business Development associates that will execute on the developed strategies and will consistently achieve/exceed their goals
- Establish and monitor key metrics to ensure the successful achievement of critical production and profitability goals
- Establish and nurture meaningful relationships with key agency personnel, driving mutually beneficial results
- Identifies and participates in key industry events to promote our brand and develop key relationships
- Takes an innovative and entrepreneurial approach to identifying and developing new business opportunities, sales strategies, customer service and engagement strategies
- Identify and track competitor offerings, emerging issues and market trends impacting profitability, appetite, underwriting guidelines and strategies
- Conducts market needs analyses among potential new business sectors to identify strategies for long term growth development
- Establish internal partnerships, serving as a liaison for sales and marketing related issues and opportunities
- Effectively communicate key metrics and strategic information to leaders and staff in a timely and efficient manner
- Collaborate with various departmental leadership and field team members to adjust practices and protocols for operational efficiency
- Conducts (with or without Business Developments staff) regular phone calls and visits with agency principals, producers and CSRs with pre-defined agenda topics related to production, individual accounts (including pipeline development), proposals, competition and products
- Builds and maintains the highest level of collaboration with underwriting; proactively communicating with underwriting management on all aspects of submission flow, quote management, proposals, and renewal retention.
- Effectively articulates and embodies USIG’s vision and values
- Active member and contributor to the Senior Management Team including support of overarching strategy
The Product Manager will be responsible for leading the development of new underwriting products. Will analyze competitive market intelligence and provide technical underwriting guidance to the underwriting unit in support of achieving the Company’s strategy, growth and profitability objectives. This position will have a remote work option with regular travel to our Des Moines offices.
- Responsible for the development of new underwriting products needed to meet company’s growth initiative. Responsible for providing coverage analysis and data to underwriting as assigned by individual underwriters. Required to create, monitor, and amend underwriting guidelines and supplemental applications as required.
- Analyzes competitive market intelligence to identify trends. Provides guidance regarding the unit’s performance, financial results, profitability, business mix, competition, and market trends. Recommends adjustments as they relate to financial targets. Presents at reoccurring staff meetings.
- Provides technical underwriting leadership and support to Commercial Underwriting Department to assist unit in achieving the company’s strategy, growth and profitability objectives. Provides guidance on referrals from underwriting operations including coverage design and compliance. Drafting of manuscript forms for specific clients on an as-needed basis. Monitors and communicates pricing and filing changes to underwriting in support of growth goals.
- Leads underwriting audits of individual risks for compliance with company guidelines, state regulations and reinsurance. Required to audit rating systems to verify compliance with state filings.
- Serves as a technical underwriting resource for Business Development, Risk Control, Claims, Premium Audit staffs, and Berkley Shared Services and Berkley Technology.
- Participates in development and/or delivery of training material for changes to specific systems, changes in underwriting appetite and workflow processes.
W.R. Berkley Corporation is looking for a summer intern who is interested in accounting and corporate taxes. The right person will be exposed to various tax rules and requirements and gain a general understanding of the use of accounting data in the tax reporting process.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with Excel to organize accounting information and complete required computations
- Work with tax software applications to input data
- Prepare work papers to support computations and figures used in the tax process
- Support tax department with various projects
- Other job duties as assigned
The primary responsibility of the Third Party Risk Management Analyst position will be to conduct formalized Information Security risk assessments of Third Parties, focusing on Information Security and Data Privacy controls. The position will participate as needed in all aspects of TPRM lifecycle starting with information gathering process, due diligence/documentation review, assessing risk including formalized risk analysis and identifying potential gaps and providing security solutions to mitigate risks. This position will interact with individuals all throughout the company as well as third parties.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Review services and data in scope of the assessment and analyze engagement risk ratings
- Conduct formal end to end Information Security Risk Assessments (review of questionnaires, third party security audit reports and evidence, onsite assessments, etc.)
- Document risk assessment in a formal report, including any identified deficiencies in third party’s Information Security program.
- Work together with the TPRM team and stakeholders to review the assessment and escalate any issues. Work with operating units and partners to get additional information and to properly vet any issues prior to finalizing the report.
- Review and analyze evidence supporting deficiency remediation efforts prior to closure.
- Assess remediation plans and non-compliance acceptances where Information Security standards compliance cannot be achieved.
- Keep assigned review inventory in the system of record up-to-date
- Partner with other Information Security teams, operating units and IT, to ensure that risks are clearly articulated in a manner that is understood by business and technology audiences
- Participate in and influence Third Party Risk assessment process improvement, including procedures, processes, project deliverables and reporting initiatives
- Build and maintain positive relationships with management, team members, and stakeholders across the company using effective written and oral communication practices.
- Serve as a subject matter expert and process ambassador as it relates to TPRM related processes, procedures, and workflows
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
· Travel expected -10% or less
The Director, Actuarial Pricing assists the Chief Actuary in managing the actuarial department, with focus on pricing and modeling. This role will help with growing a profitable book of business within Berkley Professional Liability, meeting operating unit and corporate requirements. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Build and maintain predictive models to help with pricing benchmarks and strategies
- Work closely with underwriters and senior management to price Large Accounts
- Conduct data analysis on industry data from 3rd party vendor
- Conduct market research; report and present market trend studies and rate monitoring
Responsible for performing the analysis required to support the development, maintenance and enhancement of applications used by the company and its business partners. Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates business systems and user needs. Document requirements, tests system functionality, defines scope and objectives, and formulates systems to support key business processes. Act as a liaison between IT and other business departments.
- Our Quality Assurance team members understand our customers’ experience, processes, and needs and use that knowledge to evaluate and deliver the highest level of quality in released software.
- You collaborate with your teammates to identify and confirm potential problems and constantly design better and creative ways to seek out and resolve issues.
- You understand the importance quality has in helping elevate the performance and achievement of teams through defining and tracking quality standards as a measurement of success.
- You will actively participate in sprint planning meetings and collaborate with project team members to identify risks/impacts in the system to be tested
- You will assist senior team staff in building and applying testing best practices
- You understand test data is fundamental to successful test execution and you will participate in preparing and grooming test environment data to ensure accurate test results
- You will demonstrate your skill at generating test scenarios from user stories and acceptance criteria
- You are familiar with test automation frameworks/processes and will work to integrate those as part of the overall test strategy.
The NY Commercial Management Liability Underwriter analyzes and underwrites existing and prospective public company accounts seeking Directors and Officers, Employment Practices, and Fiduciary Liability insurance coverage. S/he develops relationships with key brokers to increase the submission flow and quality of new business prospects. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Prepare thorough underwriting work-ups that contain a detailed financial analysis, claims/legal history, and a review of significant recent corporate events for each new business and renewal account.
- Communicate with brokers during the renewal process to ascertain the client’s renewal expectations and on new business accounts to find the best opportunity for successfully winning the business.
- Participate in client meetings designed to address each account’s risk factors and mitigation approach.
- Work with senior managers to review and price new/renewal accounts and draft all quote/binder letters and issue the policy.
- Responsible for maintaining the underwriting files on all in-force and lost/declined accounts.