Click column header to sort
The Loss Control Consultant provides loss control consultative services for our clients in an assigned geographical work area.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Provides consultative loss control service to clients that will assist in developing an effective loss control program.
- Analyzes losses, generates/submits comprehensive loss control recommendations to assist in correcting deficiencies and controlling losses and related costs.
- Ability to perform job hazard analysis, hazard/exposure recognition surveys and training for client management (train the trainer).
- Provides clients with resource materials, audiovisual materials and loss experience information.
- Prepares detailed, written, multi-line, loss control surveys/reports/forms to relate loss control information to others.
- Must possess effective oral, written and consultative communications skills.
- Develops/maintains public speaking skills. Assists in the preparation/presentation of workshops/seminars and other training for clients/potential clients.
- Researches, develops and delivers presentations on loss prevention, risk management and occupational safety.
- Develops/maintains a working relationship with customers, agents and/or brokers (where applicable).
- Maintains regular communication relative to loss control issues with appropriate company personnel.
- Stays abreast of current regulatory changes which could impact customer’s operations.
- Keeps informed of new techniques and equipment used in loss control.
- Able to travel, to include overnight and multiple night trips, to effectively manage workload in an assigned territory. Includes overnight travel to conferences when necessary.
- Ability to conduct ergonomic review of work sites and workstations.
- Under general direction, provide pricing guidance for all divisions within Berkley Custom. Oversee periodic updating of pricing parameters. Perform portfolio analysis on new business opportunities as they arise. Assist in reinsurance placements. Provide quarterly reserving analysis and write-ups. Manage junior actuaries on various projects.
- Create and maintain workbooks appropriate for pricing
- Review, evaluate, and manipulate client data for use in pricing models
- Create requests for additional data as necessary
- Oversee preparation of data for reinsurance submissions. Perform experience analysis as needed
- Manage junior actuaries for standard corporate report production
- Play an integral role in the reserving cycle of the organization by working on quarterly closes and reserve analyses
- Participate in on-going large loss discussions with claims department and monitor actual vs. expected loss emergence
- Communicate results and findings to various key departments
- Communicate with outside auditors, consultants and actuaries
- Collaborate effectively with the actuarial data and analytics team to enhance processes and maintain a high standard of data integrity
- Be comfortable working with remote team mates, particularly changing communication style as needed.
- Continued progress with Actuarial qualifications.
This position will be responsible for the investigation, evaluation and adjustment of property claimsfor a dedicated program handling municipal property claims in Minnesota.
Main Responsibilities Include:
- Interview insureds, injured parties, witnesses and others as appropriate.
- Inspect property damage.
- Review factual information to prepare damage estimates.
- Investigate assigned losses to determine coverage.
- Evaluate loss exposure for various property losses.
- Evaluate and negotiate settlements based upon coverage document language.
- Determine scope of loss and cost of repairs.
- Make recommendations regarding resolution of claims.
- Make recommendations regarding litigation.
- Prepare reports for client company.
- Enter reports/file activity into electronic claim processing system.
- Accountable for results, customer service, and achieving departmental and unit objectives.
- May perform other functions as assigned.
Interested in a career with premium audit, or want to utilize your premium audit experience to make a difference?
At Preferred Employers Insurance, we work in a collaborative, innovative environment that engages daily with other departments, focusing on quality work, and best in class service. We have a history of producing excellent results, and are looking to expand our team. Come join us as we chart our future!
The Premium Audit Analyst is responsible for reviewing and conducting final audits. The primary role of the Premium Audit Analyst will be to maintain and improve the premium audit department by performing the following duties: applying company audit guidelines as well as those of the California Workers’ Compensation Uniform Statistical Reporting Plan, conducting timely and accurate premium audits, resolving audit disputes, being an audit resource for policyholders/brokers/internal departments, performing physical (virtual) audits as assigned, and any other general duties or projects as assigned and deemed necessary.
Responsibilties include but are not limited to the following:
- Apply company audit guidelines as well as those of the California Workers’ Compensation Uniform Statistical Reporting Plan.
- Analyze final audits to ensure the appropriate premiums are being charged to the policyholders.
- Perform physical (virtual) audits as necessary.
- Provide technical expertise to other departments, such as underwriting.
- Answer customer calls including specific, detailed, audit related questions.
- Communicate necessary policy changes resulting from the final audit.
- Any other general duties or projects as assigned and deemed necessary.
This role will support underwriters in processing new and renewal business and managing and maintaining policy files. The person will:
- Prepare, organize and maintain files, follow-up for additional information and suspense according to established time-frames;
- Produce various required reports; and
- Develop and maintain required databases.
- Clear and Set up Submissions
- Handle OFAC Clearance
- Set up policy folders in SharePoint and Paper files
- Issue Renewal/Non-renewal, Conditional Notices in ODEN
- Request and Review Underlying Policies
- Responsible for making sure all policies (folders and SharePoint) contain coding sheets, invoices, quotes, binders, submissions, correspondence, reports, loss runs and underlying policies and checklist.
- Request Loss runs, completed TRIA forms and Surplus Lines Letter and handle follow up request
Berkley Fire & Marine has a great opportunity to start your career as an Inland Marine Assistant Underwriter. You will work closely with experienced local and regional underwriters and management learning all aspects of inland marine insurance underwriting and contributing to building a profitable portfolio of business while gaining a substantive understanding of the roles and responsibilities of inland marine underwriting. This is a great opportunity to grow and develop your career.
Key job functions over the next 1-5 years will include:
- Learning inland marine coverages and forms;
- Demonstration of functional knowledge of underwriting, producer relationships and market management;
- understanding our approach to managing our relationships with clients and producers;
- exhibit proficiency in our marketing/sales methodologies; and
- Developing a functional understanding of inland marine insurance.
The successful candidate will provide technical support to underwriting staff, participate in various underwriting and educational activities, and be responsible for:
- Aiding in building superior distribution partnerships with agents and brokers;
- Analyzing applications, determining acceptability of risk in accordance with Company guidelines and practices in order to assist underwriting with the appropriate underwriting decisions;
- Analyzing quality, quantity, and profitability of risks underwritten and preparing reports for underwriting and management review;
- Assisting in the management of the Inland Marine and Property business to achieve the goals and objectives established. Ensuring continued profitable growth;
- Execute special projects in pursuit of enhanced operational excellence, delivery of valuable external marketing materials, and portfolio analysis reporting;
- Self-study in pursuit of appropriate designations as defined by management;
- Assisting with product development in creation of innovative products and service to introduce to the market.
- Interact with the marketplace through frequent attendance of regional client and producer meetings
Provides support to the underwriting process, making appropriate decisions within own underwriting assigned authority levels. Reviews insurance applications and processes accounts. Projects a professional company image through internal and external customer interaction.
- Assesses new and renewal accounts to determine acceptability based upon NIC underwriting guidelines and authority granted.
- Reviews new and renewal accounts to verify issuance is in compliance with NIC underwriting guidelines, addresses discrepancies as needed, and enters information into appropriate systems.
- Establishes types and limits of coverage to be provided.
- Creates, analyzes and interprets data from various systems and underwriting resources.
- Responsible for monitoring production, profitability, and maintaining agency relationships.
- Collaborates with underwriting team as well as other departments on underwriting philosophy.
- Effectively communicates (written/verbal) information to both internal and external customers to ensure our standards of excellence are maintained.
- Consults with agency staff to obtain additional information on existing accounts.
- Promotes consistency amongst underwriting teams by contributing knowledge and soliciting feedback relative to underwriting philosophy and company goals.
- Maintains confidentiality with discretion and integrity with both internal and external information.
The successful candidate will demonstrate their passion for implementing and improving DevOps processes. Use your cloud experience to have a positive impact on our organization’s cloud journey. Collaborate with others in the organization to improve software development, agility, and automation. This team is responsible for overseeing all activities related to automating Application Lifecycle Management (ALM), automated testing development, and QA processing. Specific responsibilities include development and execution of software release functions moving system changes across the environment model. Additional responsibilities include support for SDLC tools, source code control systems, and training other teams on usage of automation tools.
- Support and enhance existing DevOps automation framework with a focus on enhancing end-user experience through self-service solutions, speed of delivery, and high-quality results.
- Use understanding of the intersection of development and operations (DevOps) to promote process maturity around DevOps and CI/CD processes.
- Ensure the DevOps processes meet or exceed compliance and security requirements.
- Collaborate with representatives of diverse disciplines from across the WRBC organization to enhance automated software delivery to both on-premises and cloud hosting solutions.
- Ensure team-supported tools (including DevOps tools) are maintained and optimally utilized.
- Participate in both project and support activities for the team.
- Build strong relationships across the organization for the purpose of understanding the needs of other teams. Build frameworks and solutions that meet the requirements of a diverse set of technologies.
- Travel for this position is approximately 10-20%
The Vice President of Underwriting supports, coaches and motivates underwriting staff to achieve business and individual goals. Key functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensures effective underwriting discipline to achieve planned financial objectives.
- Collaborates with all Berkley Industrial Comp departments to achieve organization-wide goals.
- Maintains technical underwriting best practices and controls that support professional underwriting performance.
- Assist team members with managing external relationships to meet new and renewal business objectives.
- Manage the portfolio profitability and identify favorable and unfavorable classes of business.
The Senior Crime Production Underwriter partners with both Retailers and Wholesalers in the New England Region and is expected to promote profitable written premium growth and favorable loss ratios in accordance with Berkley Financial Specialists and Berkley Crime Best Practices, Underwriting Guidelines, Line of Business risk appetite, and personal Underwriting Authority.
While the ideal location for this position is New York City we are offering some potential work location flexibility provided that the qualified candidate is near a major airport and willing to travel as needed in the assigned region.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Development, maintenance and management of assigned agency/producer relationships through visitations and regular customer contact.
- Evaluation of the performance of assigned agency/producer relationships to ensure company and agency goals are met.
- Communication of corporate goals, programs, and underwriting policies and procedures.
- Awareness and maintenance of personal production, hit ratios, renewal retention ratios, spread of risk, and other production and quality measures.
- Evaluation, rating, and pricing of New Business and/or Renewal risks.
- Preparation of Declination correspondence to broker (when required).
- Adherence to Berkley Financial Services and Berkley Crime Best Practices, Underwriting Guidelines, Line of Business risk appetite, and personal Underwriting Authority.
- Communication with and solicitation of additional information from brokers when needed.
- Coordination of Loss Control services as needed.
- Act as a liaison with finance/accounting as needed.
The PEO Specialty Underwriter solicits, writes and retains profitable PEO accounts that require an in-depth underwriting analysis and sound judgment. The position markets Key Risk specialty products and services to the agents and participates in agency management process.
- Underwrites new and renewal PEO accounts
- Documents analyses and decisions with adequate detail using the Key Risk documentation tools
- Takes the initiative to recommend any improvements in underwriting principles, techniques or appetite when they become apparent
- Achieves planned premium, rate change and loss ratio goals
- Participates with Area Vice President or Director of Underwriting in agency, account visits and industry events to sell products and services and ensure flow of target submissions
- Contributes to agency evaluations, goal settings and development plans
- Assists Director of Underwriting with research and development projects as requested
- Assists other areas of the company with the acquisition and servicing of our policyholders.
Overall responsibility for claim process consistency and quality control. Utilizing advanced analytical tools to identify trends, establishes and communicates overall training direction for the claim department. Key areas involving the position’s purview: Audit Control, Medicare compliance, vendor management, legal billing, and Claim system integration.
- Oversee, coordinate and implement audit calibration, content, schedules and execution for all claim operating units. Maintain claim audit database and distribute results and trends to the Claim Management Team.
- Maintain and administer Claim Best Practices manual and payment/reserve authorization hierarchy and protocols.
- Track audit results against goal thresholds and work with results in Claim Audit and compliance systems.
- Help Claims coordinate with IT in Claim Work Station (Guidewire) administration and ancillary claim operating systems.
- Act as agency and policyholder liaison (along with our Claim Services Director) in operational processes and system interfaces to enhance the customer experience.
- Assist with performance to our Claim Services Department and any other assigned Corporate Services business units.
- Manage vendor lists and relationship s that primarily include legal vendors, experts, etc.
- Track and measure compliance involving Sarbanes Oxley, Medicare Reporting, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The Underwriter, focusing on medical professional liability including facilities and physicians, will work in a team setting generating, underwriting and analyzing accounts for development of new and renewal Professional Lines business.
- Compliance with underwriting documentation rules and guidelines.
- Maintain an acceptable underwriting profit.
- Adherence to Admiral underwriting guidelines and referral compliance.
- Act as referral authority for Associate Underwriters.
- Development and maintenance of key broker/agent relationships.
- Management and development of new business and broker relationships.
- Coordinate strategic marketing calls to key brokers (up to 25%).
- Participates in all internal company training and continuing education.
- Remains current on product releases as it pertains to Casualty.
- Stay abreast and knowledgeable on market trends in terms of forms, coverage and appetite to maintain competitiveness.
The Project Manager role manages key stakeholder projects. Project management responsibilities include the coordination and completion of projects on time within budget and within scope. Oversee all aspects of projects. Set deadlines, assign responsibilities and monitor and summarize progress of project. Prepare reports for upper management regarding status of project.
- Hands on leader assisting as necessary to get the project completed.
- Leads and demonstrates value added principles to the team.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress.
- Ensure resource availability and allocation.
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques.
- Continuously monitors and notes risks and issues as they arise and elevates them to management.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks.
- Ensures Agile/Scrum concepts and principles are adhered to, and is the voice of reason and authority making tough calls.
- Facilitates discussion and alternatives or different approaches.
- Brings disclosure and transparency to the business about development and grows trust.
- Continually grows their craft learning new tools and techniques to manage themselves and a team.
- Facilitates and documents all scrum meetings including daily stand up meetings, sprint planning and backlog grooming.
- Supports the product owner and business analyst in backlog management and maintenance.
- Documents / Grooms the backlog.
- Drives the sprint and release planning.
Looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to become part of a Corporate Financial Planning and Analysis team. This role will be involved with strategic analysis and content evaluation related to various global financial applications. The individual will work cross-functionally to translate & consolidate data from multiple Berkley operating units into a cohesive set of financial data which will be used to inform decisions regarding profitability and risk assessment. The cross-functional nature of the project will require the coordination from various teams such as underwriting, marketing, claims, technology, actuarial, accounting and operations. This role will focus on strategy & analysis of the integration of various financial data sets and applications in order to facilitate best practices and drive innovation for the future state of operating unit’s data.
- Perform self-initiated financial analysis to evaluate trends, model future behavior, support implementation decisions, and create insights to drive financial process efficiencies.
- Determine and implement data reporting strategies to provide critical information to operating units, finance, and other key areas.
- Partner with non-financial business managers and team members to perform strategic work
- Assist with general business processes, accounting, audits, financial related issues, and other production related items associated with PeopleSoft, Vena, and the Berkley Data Warehouse (BDW).
- Present work and engage in strategic discussions with senior management.
- Work cross-functionally with multiple departments including Underwriting, Marketing, Claims, Accounting, etc.
- Responsible for the development of reporting requirements and models to facilitate analyses supported by data metrics and analytics from various applications.
- Conduct analysis of key business drivers, trends and performance indicators to provide value-added inputs.
- Manage and complete monthly reconciliations for companies going through various implementations of financial systems.
- Work extensively with both international and US based finance teams across the multiple projects.
- Monitor and manage adherence to financial standards and governance implemented by the Corporate Finance organization and BDW steering committee.
This position is responsible for system administration and maintenance, day-to-day support as well as reporting, analytics, and data quality. The HRIS Analyst serves as a Workday technical subject matter expert and point-of-contact for the HR system. This position supports the rollout and testing of Workday releases, upgrades and enhancements. This role is also responsible for documentation of system processes and procedures and assists in the training of end-users across the organization.
- System Maintenance
- Troubleshoot, investigate and resolve system/data issues
- Audit the HRIS system to maintain the system and provide data integrity
- Maintain and update system configurations, setup tables, business processes, simple integrations and mass load data (e.g. EIB)
- Document and maintain HRIS procedures, user documentation and system updates
- Provide System Support
- Go-to subject matter expert for the HRIS
- Support continuous improvement projects, such as improving Workday processes, workflows, integrations and data security
- Work with internal HR team members to provide coaching, troubleshooting, instruction and guidance on the use of the HRIS system
- Improve System Efficiency
- Assist to define, configure, test and implement system enhancements
- Key team member to test Workday system for implementations, upgrades or process changes, using standard methods for testing, documentation and change management
- Monitor upcoming product releases – review release notes, asses new features and understand the impacts to business processes and basic changes in functionality
- Recommend projects and process improvements to streamline internal business processes
- Analyze and Report HRIS Data
- Create and maintain standard and custom Workday reports, apps and dashboards
- Generate ad-hoc reports and queries
- Provide accurate and timely reporting
- Develop, design and maintain system training documentation
- Prepare material and facilitate training for system related releases and enhancements
- Assist in training users on updated functionality