Click column header to sort
The Underwriting Technician will provide processing and technical support to the Underwriting Department with a primary focus on submission clearance and policy issuance, ensuring all transactions meet production and quality objectives and are processed within company established service standards. This position will be assessed based on productivity, accuracy, thoroughness and ability to learn and apply new skills.
- Issuance of new and renewal policies accurately and completely within established service standards.
- Reserving, clearing and set-up of submissions and transactions in accordance with established procedures and quality metrics
- Timely and accurate processing of policy changes including endorsements, cancellations, non-renewals and reinstatements.
- Issuance of bind confirmations for new and renewal policies
- Inspection ordering
- Research and respond to agent/insured correspondence, calls and inquiries including requests for loss runs and copies of forms and endorsements.
- Multi-line rating
- Assist with special projects as assigned
- Provide superior customer service to internal and external customers
- Models behavior that encourages collaboration, teamwork and open communication
- Serve as a subject matter expert on the IT controls and compliance assessments in order to assist with inquiries, questionnaires, and regulatory requests.
- Assist in the development and communication of our overall ITGC framework, including related IT policies, standards, controls and control requirements/guidelines.
- Performing reviews of related IT Compliance documentation, procedures and controls, including creating work papers and making recommendations for remediation.
- Documenting assessment/testing results, including the gathering and organizing of documentation or evidence collected.
- Reporting issues or deficiencies found during testing and tracking the associated remediation plans across companies and/or departments.
- Ensuring that exceptions, risk assessments and/or findings across all compliance related activities are documented and tracked for remediation, with direct involvement by either facilitation of discussions, or by being directly involved in the process.
- Coordinating any external audits to facilitate the process of gathering any requested information and/or documentation.
- Working both independently and across teams, or across entities, to collect or distribute important information on processes, procedures, guidelines, etc.
- Assist management and leadership in defining the IT general control (ITGC's) objectives and monitoring compliance efforts.
The Vulnerability Management Analyst works within Berkley’s Information Security team, interacting directly with stakeholders to address issues related to remediation of vulnerability scanning and assessment. The Vulnerability Management Analyst’s support activities are focused on helping key stakeholders understand their vulnerability results, providing guidance on the remediation of failing threats, and evaluating false positives.
Maintain and improve upon, as necessary, the existing vulnerability management program, including maintenance of documents, procedures, reporting, and stakeholder communications. Provide guidance to stakeholders in support of vulnerability management services, which includes, but is not limited to, sharing goals and road maps of vulnerability management. Analysis and validation of scan/assessment results communicated to clients through reporting and results-review meetings. Provide stakeholders with remediation recommendations and guidance, up to and including remediation tracking and reporting. Provide stakeholders reports that provide the most value based on security maturity and established vulnerability management goals. This requires the ability to be adaptive in report parameters and formats depending on stakeholder needs and target audience. Ability to use analyze large amounts of data using Microsoft and other business tools to report on enterprise level vulnerability data.
- Execute vulnerability scans
- Assist Stakeholders with the interpretation of their vulnerability scan results
- Involvement in penetration testing and red-team exercises if applicable
- Analyze penetration testing results
- Work with metrics to help analyze and prioritize vulnerabilities for remediation
- Track remediation work consistently in order to evidence improvements to program and closure of vulnerabilities
- Work on process and procedure to create repeatable and consistent processes and documentation around management of vulnerabilities
- Assist in operational projects and tasks
- Participate in the ongoing improvement of the scanning and vulnerability remediation processes
- Providing remediation support on any potential findings
- Travel expected - minimal
This role is critical in the ongoing development of our overall portfolio and innovating to create new product/solution offerings. Key focus will be on product lifecycle maintenance specifically developing and implementing best practices, underwriting appetites, guidelines, forms, forms usage, terms and conditions, etc.
- Active role in marketing for new product lines of business.
- Provide training and product assistance for all product lines.
- Participates in the identification and development of viable new products.
- Draft policies, endorsements and state amendatory endorsements
- Assist in drafting underwriting rules, manuals and questionnaires
- Assist with underwriting and regulatory Auditing
- Conduct state insurance reg. research as it may relate to licensing, traditional and non-traditional distribution and emerging regulations impacting in-force business
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Berkley Accident and Health seeks a Program Account Executive to support the sales and member growth initiatives of its EmCap Programs.
- Support the stop loss sales process for existing and prospective captive programs.
- Oversee new business RFP and sales activity for each program.
- Interact and establish relationships with key program personnel on all sales related activities.
- Support general sales needs for Business Development Vice Presidents.
- Guide producers and new members through the implementation and membership process.
- Works closely with Account Management team to transition new business.
Berkley Accident and Health is seeking a full-time Regional Sales Manager to develop profitable business initiatives in an assigned territory by devising detailed, focused sales plan to identify target markets needed to hit sales goals, directing distribution of ESL and Corporate Products in assigned region and any unassigned states through network of preferred producers, and creating new distribution outlets and facilitating marketing efforts to utilize alternative distribution methods; i.e. cross marketing through the Berkley family of companies, email blasts and newsletters, and attending industry events and seminars.
- Generate and facilitate high monthly volume of pre-qualified submissions for all authorized Berkley Accident and Health products.
- Provide regular feedback to Home Office on successes and failures in the quote process to allow for adjustments and improve close ratio.
- Provide monthly updates on pipeline, current, and future activity.
- Continue to expand product education and develop cross-selling opportunities within territory.
- Make a minimum of 12 calls per day to prospective customers to build a continuous chain of callbacks, prospects and new opportunities every week, facilitated by a minimum of 3-5 new face to face meetings per week.
- Be a proactive listener with customers by identifying needs and collaborating with Home Office to derive innovative solutions.
BerkleyNet is an innovative workers compensation insurance provider that does all of our business online. Our goal? To make doing business “Ridiculously Fast. Amazingly Easy.”
The Claims Representative is responsible for the investigation, evaluation, mitigation and resolution of an inventory of medical only and low complexity lost time workers’ compensation claims in multiple jurisdictions.
- Investigates workers’ compensation claims by interviewing injured workers, witnesses, and policyholders to verify coverage and determine compensability and benefits due
- Calculates and sets timely financial reserves and proactively manages reserve adequacy throughout claim lifecycle
- Records and codes injured worker demographics, job information and accident information in company’s claims management system and files necessary forms with state regulatory agencies
- Issues timely payments to injured workers, medical providers and service vendors.
- Coordinates and actively manages medical treatment of injured workers to ensure timely rehabilitation
- Negotiates settlements of claims within designated authority with injured workers and attorneys
- Maintains and demonstrates knowledge of the Workers’ Compensation Act, adjudication process, and regulatory compliance framework in assigned jurisdictions
- Identifies and manages subrogation, Second Injury Fund and joint coverage recovery opportunities
- Regularly communicates claim activity and status updates to policyholders, injured workers and other interested parties in a professional, thoughtful and tactful manner
- Notifies management and develops reports for large exposure claims and complies with reinsurance reporting requirements
- Manages the litigation process to ensure timely and cost effective claims resolution
- Monitors the expenses and effectiveness of managed care and investigation vendors
- Actively participates in special projects as assigned by management
- Periodically travels to attend hearings, conferences and training sessions
- Attends and participates in claim file reviews with management and defense attorneys
- Continuously strives to improve our product and business results through innovation
- Completes continuing education and career development programs and training with guidance from supervisor
- Obtain and maintain adjuster license in multiple jurisdictions as required
At Berkley Medical Management Solutions (BMMS), we thrive when our people thrive. To put our products and solutions into the hands of consumers worldwide, we need a professional who knows how to connect. We are currently looking for a Business Development Executive to be the leading force that fuels our growing client relationships in our North American market. The ideal person will have proven experience building on existing relationships, hands-on experience in a claims organization, will eliminate competitive threats within our customer base, and ensure customer satisfaction within your accounts. You’ll be a proactive and curious member of our growing team, identifying growth opportunities for operating units before they identify a need or gap for themselves. This level of foresight and meticulous analysis is what will take our company confidently into the future.
To be a successful Business Development Executive at BMMS, you’ll need to navigate the needs of clients methodically to explore and create untapped managed care savings opportunities. It is also important to have a high level of intellectual curiosity to identify gaps and growth potential where others miss them.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Establish, build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders and partners within each operating unit by understanding their business focus and needs, and anticipating them in advance
- Serves as the key managed care liaison for operating unit claims leadership
- Support and solve problems for operating units by understanding and exceeding their expectations
- Ability to diplomatically set expectations with operating units and manage differing priorities
- Coordinate internal and external resources to expedite workflow
- Deliver and manage communication between senior management and staff members
- Stay current with company offerings and industry trends
- Oversee and achieve organizational goals while upholding best practices
- Illustrate the value of products and services to create growth opportunities
- Continuously strives to improve our products and services through innovation
- Compile and analyze data to identify trends
- Complete industry research and assist with program development for existing clients and new prospects
- Perform prospecting activities such as networking
- Maintain a contact database of operating units, prospects, partners, and vendors
The Fine Arts Underwriting Analyst will be responsible for providing support to the Berkley Asset Protection Fine Arts practice. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conduct deep dive research into customers and their risk characteristics
- Prepare underwriting transactions, including renewals, new lines and endorsements
- Review and follow up for required documentation and signatures
- Process administrative changes including broker of record, non-renewals, cancelations, reinstatements and other changes
- Complete quotes on business submitted by agents and brokers
- Complete data entry and/or upload of large schedules and other data
- Resolve discrepancies from third party data reports
Berkley One, a Berkley company, is hiring for the position of Recreational Marine Underwriter. The position reports to the Recreational Marine Product/Underwriting Manager.
This role will be responsible for transactional underwriting and functions associated with underwriting risks on behalf of Berkley One.
- Review and approve new business, endorsements and renewals that fall within underwriting authority and company guidelines. Refer risks that fall outside authority or guidelines.
- Review risk management reports to identify and recommend risk management solutions and requirements.
- Provide pro-active quote coaching for agents on new business submissions; align and convert referred accounts to new business.
- Recommend service and risk management solutions at new line and other points of the underwriting transaction with agent/broker.
- Manage book of business as it grows ensuring high quality and profitability of business.
- Anticipate insured and agent needs and find service solutions.
- Collaborate with Distribution, Marketing and Customer Service colleagues to ensure alignment and a consistent customer experience.
A great opportunity to join the Preferred Employers dynamic team as a working leader of our Risk Advisor (Safety/Loss Prevention) operations. While we have offices in San Diego & Walnut Creek, the field-focused nature of this role does allow for a remote/home based work location. Come join our innovative, inclusive, and collaborative team!
The Manager, Safety & Health will be responsible for managing and evaluating all safety & health service functions provided by the Risk Advisor staff to eliminate or reduce exposures to loss. Assists in the marketing of safety consultative services and company products in conjunction with company marketing objectives and goals.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manages and coordinates assignment of Risk Advisor services, monitors consultation services provided to customers, provide support to staff to meet their responsibilities.
- Conducts performance reviews and makes salary recommendations for staff.
- Directs and provides consultative services to association customers to support Risk Advisor functions.
- Coordinates and participates in the planning and execution of workshops, seminars and meetings for customers or potential customers to develop new business for the company.
- Maintains regular communication relative to pertinent issues with other department staff and other appropriate company personnel.
- Maintains an understanding of laws, rules and regulations affecting the insurance mechanism relative to the services provided by the company.
- Analyzes staff development needs/monitors staff development & training.
- Keeps informed of innovative risk-mitigation approaches, new consultative tools and equipment used to address industry injury trends, then develops relative services to assist customers.
- Makes regular visits to existing and prospective customers for marketing purposes, as requested.
- Provides overall management leadership for the company and department.
- Will immediately report all harassing or inappropriate behavior to Human Resources.
The Claims Examiner manages a book of claims within their authority. The ideal candidate will be knowledgeable in property and casualty claims handling. The position reports to a Claims Vice President who will monitor the work and grant additional claims authority as training progresses.
- Determine Coverage & ensure accuracy of Cedant claim cessions
- Establish Reserves
- Book payments
- Complete file documentation
- Maintain claim files in a timely & accurate manner
- Manage a portfolio of claims
- Conduct claim reviews as needed
- Maintain current knowledge of insurance lines, current claim procedure guidelines
- Develop and maintain relationships with reinsurance brokers & cedants
- Provide analysis on trends/anomalies to mgt
- Submit claims mgt reports as required for large exposure claims
- Provide ongoing workflow reports (Activity sheets)
- Frequent and timely communication with Underwriting, Actuarial, and the management team
- Participate in Roundtable Discussions
- Collaborate on Innovation initiatives
This person is responsible for overall front office activities, including the reception area, mail, purchasing requests and coordinating office services and related activities. In addition, this person will be supporting the recruiting department and others in the office with any additional administrative tasks.
• Answer incoming telephone calls in an exceptional, positive, clear manner and direct callers to the appropriate recipient.
• Professionally greet and direct visitors to the company.
• Manage the reception area to ensure effective communication both internally and externally to maintain a professional image.
• Coordinate overall administrative activities to include receiving, sorting and distributing incoming mail as well as coordinating pick-up and delivery of express mail.
• Maintains safe and clean reception area by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
• Responsible for keeping an inventory of supplies and order supplies on request.
• Oversee the maintenance of office equipment, including copier, fax machine, etc.
• Deliver excellent customer service.
• Support others in the office in an administrative capacity.
• Assist in scheduling candidate interviews for the Berkley Internal Recruiting Team
• Assist with booking candidate airfare and other travel components
• Track outside submissions from outside agencies
• Assembling Agenda for outside agencies
• Assembling Agenda for weekly Recruiting Department Meetings
• Reconciling the recruiting invoices
Underwriting Assistant is proficient in processing underwriting support tasks through the lifecycle of an account. Workload will be determined based on a defined set of agency/producer relationships within the territory/region to which the Underwriting Assistant is assigned. Underwriting Assistants continuously work to develop proficiency in processing the underwriting support tasks for additional lines of business and within the same territory/region to which the Underwriting Assistant is assigned for the lifecycle of an account. The account lifecycle includes, but is not limited to, pre-underwriting file preparation, data entry and rating in applicable policy systems, generation of quote documents, generation of binders/binding confirmation, following-up additional information/subjectivities, policy issuance, mid-term endorsement processing, renewal solicitations, Audits, and cancellations and non- renewals (both Insured and Company request).
- Pre-underwriting/pre-qualification and file preparation of New Business and Renewal risks.
- Solicitation of additional information relative to submission (if necessary).
- Preparing Declination correspondence to broker (when required).
- Completion/updating data entry fields in BPMi Workflow Management System.
- Aid in the completion of Rating/Review Documents.
- Completion of necessary fields in Underwriting/Policy Admin. System.
- Tracking and follow-up of outstanding subjectivity items.
- Policy and endorsement processing and issuance.
- Management of Declined/Unsuccessful accounts in Underwriting System(s) and BPMi Workflow Management System.
- Monthly solicitations/follow-up for outstanding renewal information.
- Act as liaison with finance/accounting as needed.
- Availability to aid in additional workflow processes or special projects when needed and subject to supervisor direction.
Preferred’s Sales & Distribution Representative – Los Angeles Region of California is responsible for:
- Specifically targeted areas within the region known as the Los Angeles Basin. Includes region around Santa Monica, the Beach Cities, parts of the City of Los Angeles, San Fernando Valley, Ventura/North LA up to Santa Barbara. I-5 Long Beach Corridor, Pasadena east to I-15 near San Bernardino and all of Orange County.
- This job is all about sales solicitation and development from assigned producers, the sales management of agents & brokers, and developing strong relations with the territory’s agents and brokers. The job involves setting in motion mutually-agreed-to sales plans and driving the necessary strategies and marketing actions needed to maximize profitable growth for Preferred Employers in the territory.
- Develop, implement and drive targeted class code sales plans with both current brokers and new brokers to meet Preferred’s profitable growth goals.
- Monitor new sales, retention, rate-adequacy and commission metrics monthly to ensure premium plan goal achievement.
- Works closely with all company departments to optimize Preferred’s total brand offering to the marketplace.
- This is an "on-the-road"/high-relationship building function requiring lots of windshield time, high-level of communications skill, direct broker contact and direct selling contact with targeted prospects/clients.
- Job requires ongoing sales prospecting and finding qualifying business originating from the territory.
- This is a “remote office” function. Expectation is that candidate will operate primarily out of their company-assigned automobile and their home office. Visits to the company’s headquarters in San Diego may be needed from time to time.
As a Software Developer II, you'll be responsible for the design, development, implementation, and support of software applications, both new and existing. We focus our efforts on delivering the highest value software to our customers.
We'll count on you to:
- Work with a team to deliver your project work
- Independently resolve routine code defects or configuration issues
- Improve our overall technical environment by reducing technical debt
- Implement feature enhancements with limited direction
- Triage, research, and resolve inbound second-level support incidents
- Apply your experience with the development process by doing code reviews, documentation, and unit testing
- Participate in architecture and design activities
- Provide mentorship to other team members
We are a small and nimble team so you’ll have the ability to contribute at a high level and help drive improvements into our development processes.
Assist in the production and maintenance of business by providing administrative support to the underwriting department that is timely, efficient and representative of the high standards set forth by the company.
- Mid-Term transactions
- Issuance of Accurate Policies
- Processing Letters
- Data Management
- Document Management
- Underwriting Documents Processing
- Submission Entry
- Attachment of Documents
- Compliance Verification
- Change of Term Reviews
- Solicitation Reviews
- Document Verification
- Manually Create Invoices
- Scanning Documents
- Send Documents to Brokers Upon Underwriter Request
- Special Projects
The Senior Litigation Specialist’s job function includes efficiently and effectively handling advanced-level, primarily litigated, commercial first-party property and/or third-party general liability losses in a “paperless” environment. An ability to communicate both verbally and in written form in a prompt, courteous and professional manner is essential.
- Reviews and sets up new loss assignments in a timely manner in compliance with Department guidelines and best practices.
- Establishes appropriate initial loss and expense reserves and continue to regularly evaluate the file for adequacy, accuracy and adherence to reserving guidelines.
- Analyzes and interpret policy language in conjunction with specific loss facts to reach appropriate coverage decisions.
- Drafts frequent and complex coverage correspondence, including reservation of rights and coverage disclaimers in compliance with various state statutes and regulations.
- Composes a variety of other detailed correspondence to insureds, claimants, attorneys, agents and Regulatory agencies.
- Proactively manages primarily litigated claim files from inception to closure, including identification and investigation of coverage, liability and damage issues, determination and efficient execution of an appropriate plan of action, and prompt, economical file resolution, in compliance with Department guidelines and best practices.
- Appropriately and clearly documents all claim file activity, including current strategy, plan of action and exit plan in file notes.
- Consistently demonstrates comprehensive coverage analysis, investigation, evaluation and negotiation skills at an advanced level.
- Directs and control the activities and costs of numerous outside vendors including defense counsel and coverage counsel, experts and independent adjusters.
- Effectively presents and discusses loss facts and issues in roundtable discussions to peers and members of management at all levels.
- Composes and transmits in a regular and timely basis frequent Large Loss Reports and other detailed reporting documents as appropriate.
- Manages and monitors file caseload through the use of various resources.
- Obtains all required state adjuster licenses and maintain them as required via compliance with mandatory continuing education requirements.
Other duties may be assigned.
- Serves as a technical resource within the Department through mentoring and knowledge-sharing, whether one-on-one, in small groups, or presentations to larger groups.
- Meets with intern personnel and others as needed to provide job function overview and/or specific subject-matter training.
- Occasional participation in projects and initiatives lead by other departments and/or W. R. Berkley companies, including audits, workshops, focus groups, task forces, etc.
- Initiates appropriate communication with members of management and other Departments.
- Attends internal and external seminars and other training events and provides feedback to peers and/or members of management.
The Administrative Assistant provides general clerical and administrative support to the company’s executive level management team.
• Under general direction from the executive level management team prepare presentations, memoranda, word processing, spreadsheets, organization charts, etc.
• Assist with general facilities management
• Responsible for sorting and delivering mail
• Responsible for ordering office supplies
• Responsible for reception and telephone duties
• Assist with appointment and meeting scheduling
• Coordinate and process monthly expense reports
• Make meeting and travel arrangements for the executive level management team
• Prepping, logging, and depositing premium payments for Accounts Receivables
• Various special projects monthly/quarterly as directed by executive level management team
• Perform other clerical duties as needed, such as filing, photocopying and scanning
May perform other functions as assigned.