Click column header to sort
This position assists in the day-to-day functions of the Underwriting Audit team with the primary area of responsibility dealing with the completion of individual underwriting file audits, analysis of results and communication of findings and trends to underwriting management.
• Completes audits on new business, renewals and quotes to assess the quality of the risk and quality of the file handling from an underwriting, pricing and policy construction standpoint, as well as adherence to established underwriting procedures and authorities.
• Creates and completes “special request” audits from underwriting management on specific individuals, classes of business or programs.
• Assists in the development and updating requirements for the automated tools used to collect and track audit results and works with IT and BTS to implement and test changes.
• Initiates requests to create or update underwriting philosophies, guidelines or procedures based on audit results.
• Represents the department, as requested by the VP or Manager, in inter-departmental meetings and maintains professional relationships with internal departments, external vendors and customers.
This role is critical in the ongoing development of our overall portfolio and innovating to create new product/solution offerings. Key focus will be on product lifecycle maintenance specifically developing and implementing best practices, underwriting appetites, guidelines, forms, forms usage, terms and conditions, etc.
- Active role in marketing for new product lines of business.
- Provide training and product assistance for all product lines.
- Participates in the identification and development of viable new products.
- Draft policies, endorsements and state amendatory endorsements
- Assist in drafting underwriting rules, manuals and questionnaires
- Assist with underwriting and regulatory Auditing
- Conduct state insurance reg. research as it may relate to licensing, traditional and non-traditional distribution and emerging regulations impacting in-force business
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Lead and coordinate the Underwriting and Claims operational review process.
As the Manager
- Developing annual review plan by performing annual risk based assessment (Universe), including deciding which reviews to personally lead and which to delegate to Underwriting and/or Claim Review Leader(s)
- Managing and training Underwriting and Claim Review Leaders
- Ensuring that reviews are well planned, thorough and useful and achieve the goals of monitoring and improving the processes at the Company’s operating units
- Developing and maintaining relationships and communication with corporate Segment EVPs, SVP Claims, SVP Underwriting & Data Analytics, Actuarial and ERM staff
- Automating, standardizing and continuously improving the review process and reporting procedures
As the Review Leader
- Staffing and planning the review (reviews are staffed with claim professionals from the company’s operating units)
- Interviewing departmental personnel and senior management
- Coordinating the work of the review team members
- Assessing the practices, procedures, and results of the subject operating unit
- Assessing the effectiveness of the organizational structure, staffing, and management information
- Developing opportunities for improvement
- Leading closing meetings and delivering feedback
- Preparing the written report and recommendations
- Following up on implementation of recommendations
Berkley Technology Services (BTS) has a job opportunity available for a Lead Information Security Engineer to join our team!
We’re looking for a versatile and hands-on engineer with cross-vertical technical expertise encompassing penetration testing strategy and execution, vulnerability management, static code analytics, and policy compliance. Here, you’ll sit directly at the intersection of technical innovation and business engagement. You’ll actively partner with our engineers along with our Security Management and Senior Leadership teams to lead initiatives across our highly distributed, multi-national footprint. You’ll engage in both project execution and project leadership, working side by side with our Director of Vulnerability Management to ensure the fluid continuity of compliance programs across the enterprise. And as we continue to standardize our security posture, you’ll have opportunities to influence change and see the impact of what you’re doing each and every day to secure our global infrastructure.
Key functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Lead initiatives and projects to support and enhance our application security initiatives which include penetration testing capabilities and static code
- Bring your ideas forward, evaluating how to optimize the tools we’re using and exploring technologies that could continue to enhance our security posture and ensure solutions scalability
- Develop and lead projects to continually analyze source code, pinpointing and remediating potential vulnerabilities upon discovery
- Manage compliance scanning process across the enterprise to identify and remediate potential risks and vulnerabilities as expeditiously as possible
- Continuously communicate that status of our security compliance projects and programs to provide updates and obtain buy-in from global engineering, business, security management, and senior leadership teams
Staff level book keeping position performing duties related mostly to premium receivable and accounts payable processes and limited assistance to general accounting functions. This position is expected to operate with a minimum level of supervision, is expected to problem solve, interact and communicate with outside customers (i.e. premium receivables) and interact directly with the business units we support.
Areas of concentration include direct billing and collecting utilizing FAB, accounts payable utilizing PeopleSoft, general journal entries using PeopleSoft, and cash flow monitoring. All functions focus on accurate and timely completion that is determined on a day to day basis. This is dependent on the volume of receivable activity (i.e. applying cash, taking phone calls, processing claim checks, etc.)
- Premiums Receivable (100% of time). Utilizing the FAB system:
- Apply cash received to insured’s accounts; follow up with insureds/agents regarding any discrepancies between billed and received amounts; inform business unit management of developing collection problems while they can still be contained;
- Process refunds resulting from endorsements, cancellations, etc; verify refunds are due and discuss with business unit management prior to processing;
- Reconcile FAB to the general ledger, and contact insureds and agents regarding overdue receivables.
- Manage the aging receivables to ensure any over-due items are resolved
- Monitor daily cash flow and prepare cash flow report.
- Prepare General Journal Entries that relate to the cash inflows received daily
- Active pursuit of continuous process improvement and progress measurement (metrics);
- Other duties as assigned.
Responsible for planning, directing and overseeing the Underwriting Audit department, including managing and supervising the Underwriting Audit Coordinators. Sets and achieves department goals to support the company’s key strategic objectives. Oversees the completion of individual files audits, conducts quality control on completed audits, analysis of results and trends, scheduling and provides communication of findings to underwriting management. Develops new audits based on company goals and provides agency consulting services as needed.
- Manages the work and production of the Audit Coordinators.
- Provides oversight of the completion of audits on new business, renewals and quotes to assess the quality of the risk and quality of the file handling from an underwriting, pricing and policy construction standpoints, as well as adherence to established underwriting procedures and authorities.
- Works with Coordinators to provide feedback to Underwriting Management (based upon review findings) to identify strengths in Underwriting talents and to identify opportunities to improve various underwriting criteria and/or requirements as relates to Company underwriting standards.
- Develops new underwriting audits to reflect changes in underwriting philosophies and strategies.
- Shares high-level trends with management.
- Creates, analyzes and interprets data from various reports.
- Works as direct contact with Regulatory for SOX compliance testing.
Handle the daily processing of disbursements for the Companies that we service while providing excellent customer service and maintain a high level of attention to detail.
- Processing of all disbursements for the Companies you are assigned through the invoice workflow system or interface files (claims, premium refunds, commissions).
- Coding of invoices and payment requests in Accounts Payable system.
- Assist with printing of checks and special handling.
- Respond to Company inquiries on payment and invoice submission.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Verify approval on invoices and payment requests.
- Other duties as assigned.