Click column header to sort
This posting is a general application for anyone who is interested in obtaining an internship at Berkley Technology Services for Summer 2024. Whether you are interested in Data, Business Analytics, Software Engineering, Product Management or Information Security, apply here and a recruiter will reach out to you!
The internship program at Berkley Technology Services provides highly motivated and qualified students with opportunities to gain first-hand experience, receive valuable on-the-job training and heighten business knowledge. Participating candidates will collaborate side by side with BTS employees in a variety of positions to complete challenging projects and tasks. Interns will have the chance to learn roles outside of the space they work in and get exposure to BTS as a whole. You will get the opportunity to interact with all levels of management, including personal interactions with all our Senior Leaders. The insight and knowledge you will gain will not only span technology, but the insurance industry as well.
The Company is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Joining Berkley Technology Services (BTS)’ UNIX Server team as a Co-Op offers you the opportunity to directly engage in the support, maintenance, and evolution of our expansive UNIX/Linux environment. You’ll partner directly with our experience engineers to learn and build expertise around the Linux instances (AIX, Redhat Enterprise Linux). This offers unique hands-on experience with tasks that span server builds, file system increases, permissioning, as well as configuration standardization and management among others. You’ll also have opportunities to take ownership of projects that are highly impactful on our team with past projects having included tasks like supporting network time protocols to explore process improvements and proactively prevent systems from drifting out of time. Through all of this, our goal is to ensure you’re constantly learning.
- Triage and resolve Incidents that arise within our environment related to Filesystem, CPU, Swap, login and group issues, etc.
- Complete requests for Memory, Filesystem and CPU Increases
- Learn and execute server patches, coordinating with our overnight support teams to ensure patches run as expected
- Create playbooks in Ansible that facilitate automation of processes that include server provisioning, configuration management, application deployment, and other processes
- Assist with vulnerability management initiatives including creation and implementation of patching for all Unix and Linux OSs
- Learn Kubernetes and DevOps processes and assist with initiatives related to moving some workloads to Azure and a new Kubernetes solution.
Are you ready to manage a highly skilled team and push them to greatness? We’re looking for you to provide strong leadership to drive delivery. You will be managing large scale enterprise level initiatives using Agile principles at scale. As a Technical Delivery Manager, you will curate and implement portfolio management practices that balance the portfolio of our investments and continuously align them to our strategic vision.
- Deliver Results. Ability to thrive and produce results in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. Leverage problem solving skills to ensure plans deliver on intent.
- Measure Value. You will prioritize high-value, high-need investments that bring value to the business. You will also continuously steer those investments and evaluate their alignment to the business value process chain of an organization.
- Understanding Our Customers. Learn and empathize with our customers. Partner with key stakeholders to provide thought leadership to influence outcomes.
- Build high performing teams. We expect you to understand what we do and why we do it. This will help you assemble teams/pods to maximize productivity and achieve business value. You will hold product and engineering teams accountable to their goals.
As a Sr. Software Development Engineer, you will be part of a fast moving and cross functional software engineering team that has a business first approach to technical problem solving. Being a member of this team, you would have the opportunity to contribute to transformation of the insurance business through technology.
- Working with various teams and stakeholders to create and maintain a technology ecosystem for multiple insurance brands.
- Reviewing the work of others for accuracy, quality and functionality.
- Proposing, communicating, and delivering solutions with other developers.
- Keeping up-to-date with industry trends and technology developments.
- Being highly involved in all phases of the software development lifecycle.
- Mentoring other developers by giving them direction and helping them overcome challenges.
- Interacting with other engineering teams to build tooling and processes.
This is the most senior role in the Infrastructure and Cloud function with global accountability. The SVP of Infrastructure and Cloud is responsible for the delivery of all IT infrastructure and related technical operations along with enterprise architecture.
This position has equal focus on operational execution and transformational initiatives and requires a high degree of collaboration with other technical and business leaders to ensure our solutions are business aligned. This role ensures that day-to-day delivery of Infrastructure services meets or exceeds business expectations and works to ensure continual improvement on SLAs and communication. He / she responds to industry trends by helping business leaders facilitate the decision-making process and providing actionable recommendations on initiatives and policies to help the organization innovate and drive toward targeted business outcomes. This role is also the senior stakeholder and owns all relationships with externally sourced infrastructure and related technical operations capabilities.
Strategic and Operational Planning and Execution
- Collaboratively sets the mission, vision, and strategy of the Infrastructure organization to maximize the success of business and IT enterprise initiatives.
- Responsible for all operational infrastructure and works collaboratively to ensure a stable and secure environment.
- Develops and controls the annual Infrastructure budget to ensure that it's consistent with the overall strategic objectives of IT and the enterprise and is within plan. Creates a culture of continuous cost optimization.
- Develops and executes a strategy to improve business value that the Infrastructure function provides, and continuously seeks to ensure alignment to customer needs.
- Provides strategic direction and oversight for the full life cycle of IT systems, working in close partnership with peers, and identifies where common approaches, solutions, and shared platforms provided by Infrastructure could drive efficiency.
- Helps the enterprise find the right balance between enterprise risk and agility. Steps up and communicates key technology recommendations to business and IT leaders to get buy-in.
Build and Maintain Relationships
- Builds successful stakeholder relationships with other IT and business key leaders by developing a clear understanding of business needs, acting as a trusted advisor, and ensuring cost-effective delivery of IT services to meet those needs.
- Collaborates with the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) to ensure infrastructure contributes to, embraces, and applies security strategy.
- Collaborates with peer IT Leaders to ensure knowledge and insight can be freely shared.
- Negotiates and influences partners and providers to ensure the best outcomes for infrastructure and the broader business.
- Traverses organizational boundaries both horizontally and vertically to build the most effective stakeholder alliances.
- Partners with IT and business leaders to identify and prioritize opportunities for significant technology/process improvements.
- Introduces innovative, differentiating infrastructure and related operations capabilities that enhance our overall competitive capabilities and enhance employee productivity.
- Keeps track of trends and provides direction on what emerging technologies should be incorporated into Infrastructure products and services to successfully deliver overall IT strategy.
- Seeks out new technologies and partners offering competitive advantage. Pushes Infrastructure to lead in innovation, not just follow and support.
- Develops and applies standards and minimal viable architectures informed by the business strategy.
- Develops the maturity of Infrastructure to improve efficiency, deliver new innovations and increase collaboration with other IT and business areas (e.g., through Agile, DevOps, platform, and product approaches).
- Champions Infrastructure involvement in the organization's innovation efforts and encourages experimentation with new solutions to avail business opportunities.
Executes Against Business Priorities
- Works with the IT senior leadership team on the service portfolio and governance required to prioritize resources, including budget. Works with key stakeholders to measure and prioritize technical debt remediation.
- Develops business cases that appropriately weigh costs and benefits and collaborates on decisions.
- Improves IT resilience by executing strategies that improve reliability and disaster recovery readiness.
- Continuously evaluates the business value of Infrastructure, including the use of metrics such as Key Performance Indicators, Outcome Driven Metrics and Objectives and Key Results.
- Defines, develops, and manages a comprehensive and integrated IT Service Management (ITSM) landscape, based on best-practice processes, disciplines, and related toolsets. This includes delivery of a comprehensive IT asset management program.
- Drives the adoption of (and commitment towards) service improvements through a programmatic approach to continuous improvement which also measures impact and shares results.
- Designs, develops and empowers a strong and diverse Infrastructure team.
- Directs the development of an Infrastructure sourcing strategy and provides executive oversight for strategic vendor and partner relationship management.
- Works with HR and the IT leadership team to develop and execute workforce plans that ensure Infrastructure can supply skilled resources to meet demand.
- Builds a compelling employee value proposition for Infrastructure, attracting and retaining great talent.
- Contributes to a culture of inclusion, learning, and transparency.