Berkley Southeast Insurance Group (BSIG) is a member company of W. R. Berkley Corporation, a Fortune 500 Company, whose insurance company subsidiaries are rated A+(Superior) by A. M. Best Company. BSIG provides local underwriting, risk services, claim, marketing and audit services for agents and policyholders in Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi, South Carolina, North Carolina and Tennessee. We take a broad approach to underwriting for ‘best in class’ businesses, primarily in: construction, light manufacturing, wholesale, distribution and business service industries. #LI-AV1 #LI-Hybrid
This role will be based in our Lawrenceville, GA office. We offer a hybrid work schedule with 4 days in the office; and 1 day remote where it makes sense to do so.
The Company is an equal employment opportunity employer.
The Claim Specialist - Auto/Bodily Injury position is responsible for the quality handling and resolution of non-litigated claims including commercial auto claims in a timely and professional manner with emphasis on providing quality service while controlling expenses. This position routinely handles claims involving coverage issues, significant injuries, contractual liability issues, and other claims that require specialized handling.
What you can expect:
We'll count on you to:
• 1-2 years Bodily Injury claim experience preferred
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, organizational and presentation skills
• Computer proficiency, working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
• Knowledge of tort and contract law and experience in auditing/reviewing casualty claim files
• Independent adjusters licenses for states of: AL, GA, MS, NC, SC & TN and/or ability to obtain licenses within 90 days of hire