Berkley Prime Transportation is looking for an insurance professional who enjoys underwriting to join our creative, collaborative, and hard-working team. The successful candidate will be responsible for helping grow our organization by achieving and exceeding profitability goals through proper risk selection and account management by utilizing data and analytics.
Key functions include but our not limited to the following:
- Review new and renewal commercial insurance risks and determine accurate classification of business, policy contract forms and pricing of risk; review and act upon pertinent risk information such as loss control reports, motor vehicle reports (MVRs), loss runs and financial statements
- Responsible for book management of an assigned agency territory, including achieving predetermined premium goals and profitability objectives, conducting audits on agency business, effectively communicating the company underwriting philosophy and assuring compliance of underwriting best practices
- Cultivate effective agency relationships; conduct agency visits, communicate expectations and make recommendations for agency action(s) when appropriate
- Provide guidance to Assistant Underwriters in technical matters of underwriting including, but not limited to, such procedures as coverages, cancellations, exclusions, endorsements and non-renewal action
- Assist in developing new products, coverage enhancements, and procedures that drive production and processing efficiency