With a focus on technology and strategic operations, Berkley Alternative Markets Tech is a group of technologists with a passion for making insurance better. We work with a team of industry experts from six different Berkley insurance brands who focus on delivering value to the workers compensation market. As we grow our team, we are looking for inquisitive, entrepreneurial minded people who are excited to reimagine the insurance industry.
Insurance is too complex. Help us make it better.
Our 10-week summer internship program provides emerging talent with hands-on experience with the commercial insurance industry, enabling you with skills to be successful going forward.
As a Product Management Intern, you will work with one of our Product Managers learning how to build successful software products that customers love. We will provide you with training, instruction and feedback to enable you to excel in your role. We believe that people can only be effective when they have clarity, and we will strive to always give you clarity. We are looking for someone who will be dedicated to learning, acting on feedback, and building great relationships with colleagues.
Beyond that, we’re looking for someone with a high degree of ownership, who values completing work and admits failures; someone who always seeks to understand the ‘why’ for things and never accepts an incomplete understanding; someone who is biased toward validating opinions with data and maintains a healthy skepticism about the subjective; and someone who is not afraid of technology and always learning new skills.
Your summer experience will enhance your business skills and you will be contributing directly to our goals and objectives.
As a Product Management Intern, your day will look like:
• Assist in Writing Product Requirements. Create tickets for frontend and backend features. Collaborate with developers to enhance product features and ongoing processes.
• Testing Product Features. Validate items in progress to ensure quality and user impact.
• Delivering Results. You will learn how to curate the best ideas, hypothesize their value, and implement the most promising of them. We will ask you to constantly re-assess what we have built to make sure we are realizing actual value.
• Focusing on the Data. We will assign you Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) that define your goals and quantify the results we aim to achieve. We will ask you to regularly review your indicators for actionable insights and to present your findings to stakeholders during OKR Reviews.
• Understanding Our Customers. We will ask you to routinely expose yourself to customer feedback. You will use this exposure to anticipate customer needs and constantly improve their experiences.
• Saying No. We will teach you how to choose the right problem to solve next. You will learn how to say no to things and to weigh short-term and long-term trade-offs while keeping a healthy preference for long-term solutions.
• Challenging Status Quo. For various processes, we will expect you to understand what we do and why we do it. Then we will ask you to work across Business, Operations, Design, Data, and Engineering teams to reimagine how.
• Currently enrolled in a bachelor's degree program (open to all degrees and majors)
• Action Oriented
• Active Listening
• Time Management
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Ability to learn new things/track record of self-learning
• Experience with SQL (is a plus)
• Ability to read object-oriented code (is a plus)
• Low level of domestic U.S. travel may be required (up to 5% of time)
Additional Company Details
• The Company is an equal employment opportunity employer.