The Operations Assistant will support all phases of the premium audit process and provide operational support to the Underwriting team. In additional, this position will provide administrative support to all BTU locations as needed.
Key functions include but are not limited to:
Premium Audit/Underwriting Operational Support:
- Ensure the accurate and timely rating, booking and issuance of premium audits and related transactions.
- Communicates as needed with agents to obtain information needed to complete the premium audit transaction.
- Answers agent questions, resolves agent problems on topics such as premium audit status and billing.
- Daily communication with Operations and Underwriting staff.
- Supports other aspects of the premium audit process, such as ordering premium audits.
- Support Claim and Risk Control as directed.
- Responsible for general office administrative support, including ordering office supplies, managing incoming and outgoing mail, reception, responding to telephone and email inquiries from internal and external customers.
- Manage the Customer Account set up and clearance process.
- Use the workflow management system to create work items for new business, renewals, endorsements and cancellations.
- Support the agency appointment set up and licensing process.
- Order underwriting reports, including MVRs and Catastrophe Exposure reports.
- Coordinate company events and assist with arrangements for company visitors.