As an elite Excess and Surplus Lines market, Nautilus Insurance Group offers commercial property and casualty insurance solutions to appointed wholesale surplus lines producers countrywide. We have specialized in providing these solutions for more than 35 years.
We have more flexible policy terms and premium rates on a non-admitted basis. Our focus is small to medium Property and Casualty risks on both an admitted and a non-admitted basis.
Our offerings are distributed through partnerships with appointed wholesale surplus lines producers. Our relationships are defined by mutual success, speed to market, customer-centric focus and an expanded appetite.
Coverage placed by Nautilus Insurance Group is provided by Nautilus Insurance Company and Great Divide Insurance Company, both W. R. Berkley Corporation members with A.M. Best (Superior) A+ XV ratings.
Nautilus Insurance Group is seeking and Operations and Support Associate to work with our underwriting and claims teams.
In this role, you will be responsible for the assembly, data entry, filing and maintenance of submissions and quotes. The Operations and Support Associate:
• Sorts incoming submission requests from the agents, received through mail, fax and email, identifying those items to be entered into the Submission/Quote Tracking system.
• Follows established system procedures to accurately create, update and maintain the Submission/Quote Tracking systems.
• Performs submission and quote workflow functions which include, but are not limited to, printing, assembly, data entry, delivery, filing and purging.
• Responds promptly and accurately to requests from UW personnel through email, phone or routed notification regarding pulling of quote files, binding of a quote and updating of the Submission/Quote Tracking systems.
• Performs database searches within the Submission/Quote Tracking system and TOPCAT to identify quote numbers, policy numbers and/or users.
• Maintains statistical information on work completed and work carried over, as assigned by the Manager.
• Prints and processes reports and performs research activities, as requested by the Manager.
• Participates within a team structure, as well as working independently, to assure effective workload management, remaining flexible to move from one routine to the next with minimal interruption to workflow.
• Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
• Experience with Excel and other analytical tools
• Ability to manipulate and present numerical data
• Ability to proactively identify problems and provide solutions
• Ability to multitask
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must have basic to intermediate knowledge of computer programs in a Windows environment, including Word, Excel and E-mail.