A reinsurer that's expanding distribution where we can strategically deploy our paper, product development & capacity for reinsurance, programs & bolt-on/turnkey products including Workplace Violence(Commercial), Violent Event Coverage(Personal) Cyber Liability(Commercial, Personal & Farm), Contractors Professional and EPLl. We work with carriers, MGAs, PAs, agents, captives, embedded partners & more.
The company is an equal employment opportunity employer.
The Reinsurance Underwriting Account Executive is responsible for underwriting analysis on new and existing casualty treaty, program, and custom turnkey products reinsurance business. You will evaluate books of ceding company business including exposures, pricing structures, rates, terms and conditions, in accordance with corporate reinsurance guidelines and within given authority levels. You will also support management in setting the strategic direction of our assumed reinsurance business. You will develop relationships with a range of ceding company personnel and alternative distribution sources to ensure profitability of our reinsurance portfolio.
This position can be located in any of our offices within the U.S, with a preference for the Midwest/Central regions, working on a hybrid schedule (3 days in the office, 2 days remote)
Key functions include but are not limited to:
Reinsurance Underwriting (50%)
• Evaluate ceding insurance company's financial standing, operational strategy, and industry trends to determine whether to accept the business, and if so, under what terms for renewal and new business
• Perform exposure and experience analysis on renewal business by combining knowledge and experience with available information on ceding insurance companies
• Assess proposed structure, the ceding insurance company`s operations and anticipated hazards, losses, expenses, financial strength, loss experience, and other underwriting considerations
• Evaluate treaty contract and contract language, and manages documentation work flow; ensure the contract outlines the risks, intended coverage, and other fields required specific to the contract within given authority limits
• Complete all required steps on account set up, documentation, and account management
• Strategize and create opportunities within the Insurtech distribution model that support business development and growth
• Network within the insurance industry uncovering new business opportunities for both traditional reinsurance and in-house developed turn-key products such as cyber liability and workplace violence
Account Management (15%)
• Develop and cultivate effective business relationships with assigned ceding companies as well as internal and external clients in order to retain profitable business for our operation
• Meet with clients regarding renewal assumed reinsurance business
• Collect, maintain, develop, and document all underwriting data to the assumed reinsurance portfolio
• Interact with clients and others during pre-renewal season, submission process, audits, and midterm changes for treaty accounts
Project Management (15%)
• Drive collaboration in cross divisional project teams
• Report project team efforts to the stakeholders to assure consistent communication continues among the project team and their sponsors
Software Powered by iCIMS