As an elite Excess and Surplus Lines market, Nautilus Insurance Group offers commercial property and casualty insurance solutions to appointed wholesale surplus lines producers countrywide. We have specialized in providing these solutions for more than 35 years.
We have more flexible policy terms and premium rates on a non-admitted basis. Our focus is small to medium Property and Casualty risks on both an admitted and a non-admitted basis.
Our offerings are distributed through partnerships with appointed wholesale surplus lines producers. Our relationships are defined by mutual success, speed to market, customer-centric focus and an expanded appetite.
Coverage placed by Nautilus Insurance Group is provided by Nautilus Insurance Company and Great Divide Insurance Company, both W. R. Berkley Corporation members with A.M. Best (Superior) A+ XV ratings.
The Senior Litigation Specialist’s job function includes efficiently and effectively handling advanced-level, primarily litigated, commercial first-party property and/or third-party general liability losses in a “paperless” environment. An ability to communicate both verbally and in written form in a prompt, courteous and professional manner is essential.
• Reviews and sets up new loss assignments in a timely manner in compliance with Department guidelines and best practices.
• Establishes appropriate initial loss and expense reserves and continue to regularly evaluate the file for adequacy, accuracy and adherence to reserving guidelines.
• Analyzes and interpret policy language in conjunction with specific loss facts to reach appropriate coverage decisions.
• Drafts frequent and complex coverage correspondence, including reservation of rights and coverage disclaimers in compliance with various state statutes and regulations.
• Composes a variety of other detailed correspondence to insureds, claimants, attorneys, agents and Regulatory agencies.
• Proactively manages primarily litigated claim files from inception to closure, including identification and investigation of coverage, liability and damage issues, determination and efficient execution of an appropriate plan of action, and prompt, economical file resolution, in compliance with Department guidelines and best practices.
• Appropriately and clearly documents all claim file activity, including current strategy, plan of action and exit plan in file notes.
• Consistently demonstrates comprehensive coverage analysis, investigation, evaluation and negotiation skills at an advanced level.
• Directs and control the activities and costs of numerous outside vendors including defense counsel and coverage counsel, experts and independent adjusters.
• Effectively presents and discusses loss facts and issues in roundtable discussions to peers and members of management at all levels.
• Composes and transmits in a regular and timely basis frequent Large Loss Reports and other detailed reporting documents as appropriate.
• Manages and monitors file caseload through the use of various resources.
• Obtains all required state adjuster licenses and maintain them as required via compliance with mandatory continuing education requirements.
• Other duties may be assigned.
• Serves as a technical resource within the Department through mentoring and knowledge-sharing, whether one-on-one, in small groups, or presentations to larger groups.
• Meets with intern personnel and others as needed to provide job function overview and/or specific subject-matter training.
• Occasional participation in projects and initiatives lead by other departments and/or W. R. Berkley companies, including audits, workshops, focus groups, task forces, etc.
• Initiates appropriate communication with members of management and other Departments.
• Attends internal and external seminars and other training events and provides feedback to peers and/or members of management.
• Must have at least twenty (20) years of insurance experience.
• Must have intermediate knowledge of computer programs in a Windows environment, including Word, Excel and E-mail.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
• Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business community.
Obtains all required state adjuster licenses and maintain them as required via compliance with mandatory continuing education requirements.
Software Powered by iCIMS