Berkley Aspire is passionate about making excess and surplus lines business easy to transact. We differentiate ourselves by continually innovating to bring market-leading technology and services to our agents and their clients. From direct bill with installments, to not requiring renewal applications for 80% of our small business policies, we focus on making it easy, expeditious, and efficient for agents and consumers.
Berkley Aspire writes from small, minimum premium, policies to accounts over six figures. We offer General Liability, Property, Inland Marine and Excess policies through Berkley appointed agencies in 49 states.
The Underwriting Technician will provide processing and technical support to the Underwriting Department with a primary focus on submission clearance and policy issuance, ensuring all transactions meet production and quality objectives and are processed within company established service standards. This position will be assessed based on productivity, accuracy, thoroughness and ability to learn and apply new skills.
• Issuance of new and renewal policies accurately and completely within established service standards.
• Reserving, clearing and set-up of submissions and transactions in accordance with established procedures and quality metrics.
• Timely and accurate processing of policy changes including endorsements, cancellations, non-renewals and reinstatements.
• Issuance of bind confirmations for new and renewal policies.
• Inspection ordering.
• Research and respond to agent/insured correspondence, calls and inquiries including requests for loss runs and copies of forms and endorsements.
• Multi-line rating.
• Assist with special projects as assigned.
• Provide superior customer service to internal and external customers.
• Models behavior that encourages collaboration, teamwork and open communication.
May perform other functions as assigned.
• 1-2 years prior insurance experience preferred.
• Customer focus, continually responding with a sense of urgency.
• Basic to Intermediate data entry skills
• Knowledge of computers.
• Detail oriented.
• Mathematical skills.
• Accuracy and thoroughness, completing tasks with minimal mistakes.
• Self-motivated; must be able to work independently and make logical decisions.
• Demonstrated initiative as evidenced by ability to organize and prioritize work.
• Ability to work in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment, adapting to changing requirements and collaborating with a wide range of colleagues to quickly deliver solutions.
• Willingness to be flexible, learn on the job, and maintain a “can-do” attitude.
• Teamwork; providing and welcoming open, honest, respectful and constructive feedback and jumping in to get the work done, even when not asked.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills – ability to establish trust and effective working relationships with others – both internal and external customers.
• Technical proficiency; ability to learn and apply new skills.
• Productivity; find efficient ways to increase the number of transactions handled.
High School Diploma or equivalent.