As an elite Excess and Surplus Lines market, Nautilus Insurance Group offers commercial property and casualty insurance solutions to appointed wholesale surplus lines producers countrywide. We have specialized in providing these solutions for more than 35 years.
We have more flexible policy terms and premium rates on a non-admitted basis. Our focus is small to medium Property and Casualty risks on both an admitted and a non-admitted basis.
Our offerings are distributed through partnerships with appointed wholesale surplus lines producers. Our relationships are defined by mutual success, speed to market, customer-centric focus and an expanded appetite.
Coverage placed by Nautilus Insurance Group is provided by Nautilus Insurance Company and Great Divide Insurance Company, both W. R. Berkley Corporation members with A.M. Best (Superior) A+ XV ratings.
The Claims Manager is the front-line management position responsible for the direct supervision of the Claims staff at all Examiner levels. Demonstration of strong leadership qualities and professionalism is essential.
• Manages the entire employment cycle for all direct report positions including but not limited to recruiting, onboarding, training, engaging, managing compensation, mentoring, managing performance (reviews & corrective action), and terminations.
• Performs regular file reviews and audits to determine compliance with best practices.
• Responsible for controlling expenses within the Department guidelines.
• Facilitates and promotes consistent, positive Department financial results by actively strategizing with and providing appropriate guidance and authority to technical staff. Requires technical knowledge and experience, including an understanding of coverage and contract law, investigation, legal liability, litigation and reserving.
• Understands and utilizes existing technology resources and data to measure and monitor financial and performance trends.
• Responsibility for various projects related to achieving Department goals (i.e., cost management, quality assurance, SIU, training and development, etc.)
• Regular participation in the interviewing process for potential new hire candidates.
• Occasional responsibility for handling claims that are very complex and/or involve sensitive or confidential information.
• Reviews and approves coverage letters and responses to regulatory agency inquiries.
• Reviews and approves Large Loss Reports.
• Other duties as assigned
Must have at least twelve (12) years of insurance experience.
Must have intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Guidewire ClaimsCenter experience a plus.
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CPCU, AIC or completion of other insurance-related classes is preferred.