Berkley Aspire is passionate about making excess and surplus lines business easy to transact. We differentiate ourselves by continually innovating to bring market-leading technology and services to our agents and their clients. From direct bill with installments, to not requiring renewal applications for 80% of our small business policies, we focus on making it easy, expeditious, and efficient for agents and consumers.
Berkley Aspire writes from small, minimum premium, policies to accounts over six figures. We offer General Liability, Property, Inland Marine and Umbrella policies through Berkley appointed agencies in 49 states.
Under moderate supervision, reconcile surplus lines taxes by state and resolve any discrepancies that arise. This position will also involve providing direct bill phone coverage and answering internal questions around insured’s accounts. This position will be assessed based on customer focus, productivity, accuracy and thoroughness, and ability to learn and apply new skills. This position is part of a dynamic team environment requiring high levels of collaboration and partnership.
• Research, correct, provide phone assistance and correspond with agents, policy holders, and mortgage companies regarding issues with billing, payment processing, installments, cancellation notices, audits, commissions, or refunds on a daily basis.
• Coordinate with Underwriting and/or Agents regarding policy rewrites, receipt of monies for reinstatement and cancellations, and payment options.
• Review, process, and mail notices, acknowledgements, monthly agent account statements and other correspondence.
• Monitor email accounts and respond in a timely and professional manner to email inquiries and communications.
• Prepare all daily cash deposits.
• Maintain and monitor disbursements in the surplus lines tax account for timely funding of the account.
• File and report surplus lines taxes for all jurisdictions.
• Resolve any conflicts in surplus lines tax.
• Assist with preparation for any audits relative to surplus lines tax.
• Provide support to all interdepartmental personnel as requested or assigned.
• Complete special projects assigned by management.
• Strong customer service proficiency.
• Well organized.
• Ability to work independently.
• Ability to understand priorities and meet deadlines.
• Good oral and written communication skills are essential.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of applications (Word, Excel, etc.).
• Strong results orientation, focusing on outcomes, delivering on commitment and deadlines and executing relentlessly.
• Customer focus, continually responding with a sense of urgency.
• Entrepreneurial qualities, such as trying innovative solutions, resiliency to change and recognizing what is most important to get done.
• Teamwork, providing and welcoming open, honest, respectful and constructive feedback and jumping in to get the work done, even when not asked.
• Accuracy and thoroughness, completing tasks with minimal mistakes.
• Technical Proficiency, ability to learn and apply new skills.
• Productivity, find efficient ways to increase the number of transactions handled.
High School education or equivalent and one to two years of insurance experience preferred. Excess and Surplus Lines background is preferred but not required.