Berkley Aspire is passionate about making excess and surplus lines business easy to transact. We differentiate ourselves by continually innovating to bring market-leading technology and services to our agents and their clients. From direct bill with installments, to not requiring renewal applications for 80% of our small business policies, we focus on making it easy, expeditious, and efficient for agents and consumers.
Berkley Aspire writes from small, minimum premium, policies to accounts over six figures. We offer General Liability, Property, Inland Marine and Excess policies through Berkley appointed agencies in 49 states.
Distribution Leads serve as brand ambassadors to prospective and existing production partners. They work closely with business development underwriters, the marketing team, and others to drive awareness of Berkley Aspire’s value proposition, business model, underwriting appetite, and product portfolio. Through their knowledge and their efforts – agent/broker visits, representing Aspire at trade shows and industry events, digital outreach and other forms of lead generation and follow-up – Distribution Leads are responsible for promoting Aspire, increasing the consistent flow of quality submissions, and increasing the volume of profitable premium.
A Distribution Lead will have responsibility for a defined geographic area or distribution vertical. Success in this role is driven by the ability to form and strengthen strategic relationships; sales and analytic skills; a willingness to travel; a command of commercial insurance industry trends and dynamics; the ability to clearly and succinctly describe the competitive advantages of Aspire; collaborative skills and someone committed to being a dependable, selfless teammate; an attention to detail; entrepreneurial spirit; receptivity to new ideas; improvisational skills; and, demonstrated ability to be relentless and accountable when following-up.
• Communicating – in writing, in person, remotely - with appointed agents about new products, product extensions, and product launches.
• Recruiting new agents.
• Identifying affinity marketing and/or alternative distribution sales opportunities.
• Collaborating with underwriters, the marketing team, the executive leadership team and sister companies.
• Encouraging agents to submit opportunities consistent with our underwriting appetite to Aspire.
• Driving profitable premium growth across all distribution segments/verticals.
• Representing Aspire at meetings with production partners and industry conferences and trade shows.
• Recommending new tactics and strategies for promoting Aspire and our product portfolio.
• Providing actionable feedback, business intelligence (i.e., competitors, threats to the business, coverage gaps, rate trends, emerging markets, etc.), and “voice of the customer” insights to the VP of Marketing, Sales & Distribution, the executive leadership team, business development underwriters, and others.
• Advanced knowledge of insurance principles, rates, rules, forms, procedures, regulations, coverages and business processes.
• Surplus lines experience is preferred.
• Strong distribution and agency management experience.
• Demonstrated sales, marketing, and relationship building experience.
• Ability to work in dynamic, rapidly changing environment, adapting to changing requirements and collaborating with a wide range of colleagues to quickly deliver solutions.
• Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams.
• Basic knowledge of computer programs in a Windows environment, including Word, Excel and E-mail is required.
• Strong results orientation, focusing on outcomes, delivering on commitments and deadlines.
• Customer focus, continually responding with a sense of urgency.
· Stay abreast and knowledgeable of market trends and conditions to guide our business and achieve desired objectives.
· Develop strong, long-term relationships with assigned agency partners to profitably grow a book of business.
· Participate on projects and initiatives as assigned by leadership.
· Models behavior that encourages collaboration, teamwork and open communication.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills—ability to establish trust and effective working relationships with others—both external and internal customers.
· 50% travel required.
· Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, risk management/insurance studies, or related field of study.
· Advanced professional insurance coursework (i.e., CPCU, ASLI, AU) or completion of other-insurance related classes is preferred.