As an elite Excess and Surplus Lines market, Nautilus Insurance Group offers commercial property and casualty insurance solutions to appointed wholesale surplus lines producers countrywide. We have specialized in providing these solutions for more than 35 years.
We have more flexible policy terms and premium rates on a non-admitted basis. Our focus is small to medium Property and Casualty risks on both an admitted and a non-admitted basis.
Our offerings are distributed through partnerships with appointed wholesale surplus lines producers. Our relationships are defined by mutual success, speed to market, customer-centric focus and an expanded appetite.
Coverage placed by Nautilus Insurance Group is provided by Nautilus Insurance Company and Great Divide Insurance Company, both W. R. Berkley Corporation members with A.M. Best (Superior) A+ XV ratings.
This position assists in the day-to-day functions of the Underwriting Audit team with the primary area of responsibility dealing with the completion of individual underwriting file audits, analysis of results and communication of findings and trends to underwriting management.
• Completes audits on new business, renewals and quotes to assess the quality of the risk and quality of the file handling from an underwriting, pricing and policy construction standpoint, as well as adherence to established underwriting procedures and authorities.
• Creates and completes “special request” audits from underwriting management on specific individuals, classes of business or programs.
• Assists in the development and updating requirements for the automated tools used to collect and track audit results and works with IT and BTS to implement and test changes.
• Initiates requests to create or update underwriting philosophies, guidelines or procedures based on audit results.
• Represents the department, as requested by the VP or Manager, in inter-departmental meetings and maintains professional relationships with internal departments, external vendors and customers.
Work experience as a Senior Underwriter or equivalent skill level position required.
Must understand the rating process for all lines of business written by the Company and have an advanced understanding of Property and Casualty coverages.
Excess and Surplus lines background is beneficial.
Must have intermediate to advanced knowledge of computer programs in a Windows environment, including Word, Excel and E-mail.
Bachelor's degree from four-year College or University; a minimum of seven years related insurance experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CPCU and/or AIC or other insurance related classes recommended.
Software Powered by iCIMS