Berkley Aspire is passionate about making excess and surplus lines business easy to transact. We differentiate ourselves by continually innovating to bring market-leading technology and services to our agents and their clients. From direct bill with installments, to not requiring renewal applications for 80% of our small business policies, we focus on making it easy, expeditious, and efficient for agents and consumers.
Berkley Aspire writes from small, minimum premium, policies to accounts over six figures. We offer General Liability, Property, Inland Marine and Excess policies through Berkley appointed agencies in 49 states.
Performs routine business analysis using various techniques. Research best practices and supports developing the solutions recommendations for the current business operations. Work with internal and external customers to identify analytical requirements. Turns data into critical information and knowledge that can be used to make sound business decisions. Ensures the data provided is accurate, congruent and reliable so that the data is available for users for direct consumption or integration with other systems. Conduct analyses of functional business processes and functional business requirements and participate in the development of business cases in the support of process changes.
This role must understand how data is turned into information and knowledge and how that knowledge supports and enables key business processes. They must have an understanding of the business environment and an interest in going beyond the obvious, delving into the source, the definition, philosophy, and foundational roots of a data element to create information. They must work well within a distributed team environment.
• Provides design support for the development of business intelligence solutions.
• Works on multiple tasks/projects as team member.
• Participates in work stream planning process including inception, technical design, development, testing and delivery of BI solutions.
• May participate in project management estimation process.
• Works with internal and external customers and IT partners to develop and analyze business intelligence needs.
• Provides input to business requirements for the design of solutions.
• Identifies and provides input to new technology opportunities that will have an impact on the Enterprise wide BI systems.
• Designs company-wide “views” and custom reports.
• May perform analysis for a wide range of requests using data in different formats and from various platforms.
• Researches business problems and creates models that help analyze these business problems.
• Provides input to the development of information quality metrics.
• Adheres to current standards.
• Designs and delivers end-user training and training materials.
• Trains users to transform data into action-oriented information and to use correctly.
2+ years of Business Analysis or related technical experience preferred but not required.
Working knowledge and experience with Data Visualization, Business Intelligence tools, SQL, and databases.
Working experience with data transformation tools and BI tools.
Moderate to high development and usage of Microsoft SQL, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Power BI.
Understanding of relational database concepts and data warehousing concepts are required.
Excellent oral and written communications skills.
Must be able to demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills.
Skilled at setting priorities and meeting deadlines.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Information Systems or equivalent work experience.
May be needed but not with regularity.