Berkley Aspire is passionate about making excess and surplus lines business easy to transact. We differentiate ourselves by continually innovating to bring market-leading technology and services to our agents and their clients. From direct bill with installments, to not requiring renewal applications for 80% of our small business policies, we focus on making it easy, expeditious, and efficient for agents and consumers.
Berkley Aspire writes from small, minimum premium, policies to accounts over six figures. We offer General Liability, Property, Inland Marine and Excess policies through Berkley appointed agencies in 49 states.
Under moderate supervision, reconcile insured’s accounts and discrepancies and assist team in resolving matters pertinent to the processing and recovery of insured’s balances. This position will also provide processing and back-up support to the Surplus Lines Tax Specialist. This position will be assessed based on customer focus, productivity, accuracy and thoroughness, and ability to learn and apply new skills.
• Research, correct, provide phone assistance and correspond with agents, policyholders, and mortgage companies regarding issues with billing, payment processing, installments, cancellation notices, audits, commissions, or refunds on a daily basis.
• Coordinate with Underwriting and/or Agents regarding policy rewrites, receipt of monies for reinstatement and cancellations, and payment options.
• Receive, review, and perform data entry in billing systems for various transactions and rejected payments.
• Enter, correct, and process cash entries daily.
• Review, process, and mail notices, acknowledgements, monthly agent account statements and other correspondence.
• Monitor email accounts and respond in a timely and professional manner to email inquiries and communications.
• Maintain and monitor disbursements in the billing system for timely issuance of credit balances to policyholders or agents.
• Audit and reconcile accounts, coordinate with other departments to properly establish commissions, premiums, and other monies.
• Responsible for maintaining the company receivables by following the statutory guidelines of clearing aged transactions timely.
• Proactively research and address all outstanding receivables before they reach 90days.
• Provide support to all interdepartmental personnel as requested or assigned.
• Complete special projects assigned by management.
• Review, process and mail notices, collaborate with outside collection firm for premium collections and deductible collections
• Excess and Surplus lines background is preferred but not required.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel and typing of a minimum of 50 words per minute are required.
• Ability to understand priorities and meet deadlines
• Strong customer service proficiency, requiring high levels of collaboration and partnership
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Well organized and able to work independently
• Strong attention to detail
Travel not required.
High school education or equivalent and one to two years insurance experience preferred