The AVP, Regional Underwriting Manager serves as the strategic, operational, and motivational leader of Underwriting in support of delivering profitable growth and providing excellent community, employee, and customer relations.
Key functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Lead underwriting contact within assigned region.
- Responsible for strategically building a territory.
- Manage profit, loss, growth, rate and retention results for assigned territory.
- Create new agency relationships and maintain existing relationships.
- Lead agency distribution within assigned territory.
- Develop marketing strategies.
- Underwrite and manage assigned book of business.
- Manage and monitor overall pricing practices and targets.
- Sales and marketing efforts as needed to build assigned region to include product presentations, agency product training, etc.
- Delegate underwriting authority and monitor compliance within assigned region.
- Manage treaty reinsurance coverage placement and adequacy.
- Provide leadership and direction on business opportunities, pricing, retention analysis, loss control needs, and account stewardship.
- Conduct audits for quality control and conduct training where needed.
- Prepare, assign and conduct performance appraisals for direct reports.
- Establish development plans for individual team members and direct reports.
- Participate in Claim Review Meetings when applicable.
- Visit and develop rapport with key existing and prospective agents, as appropriate.