Berkley Aspire is passionate about making excess and surplus lines business easy to transact. We differentiate ourselves by continually innovating to bring market-leading technology and services to our agents and their clients. From direct bill with installments, to not requiring renewal applications for 80% of our small business policies, we focus on making it easy, expeditious, and efficient for agents and consumers.
Berkley Aspire writes from small, minimum premium, policies to accounts over six figures. We offer General Liability, Property, Inland Marine and Excess policies through Berkley appointed agencies in 49 states.
This position will support designated underwriters and their agents with lower risk transactions including but not limited to new business, inspections, endorsements, renewals and audits.
• Review and Underwrite new and renewal business submissions for acceptability according to authority granted.
• Make sound risk and pricing decisions that achieve profitable loss ratios.
• Maintain underwriting quality score of 90% or greater. Document underwriting file to support acceptability and pricing in accordance with company guidelines.
• Achieve designated customer service standards.
• Provide detailed issuance instructions to ensure policy is delivered consistent with quoted terms and conditions and in accordance with established guidelines relative to policy construction.
• Review mid-term endorsement requests for acceptability up to the authority granted.
• Review inspections to confirm accounts written are consistent with preliminary underwriting information and refer to underwriter when the inspection reveals unacceptable risk characteristics.
• Utilize various underwriting tools to determine acceptable risk characteristics, accurate classifications, insurance to value, calculate rates, etc.
• Review audits and refer to underwriter based upon authority granted
College degree or equivalent experience.