Berkley Surety is a highly professional, service-oriented surety underwriting management company, providing a full spectrum of bonds for contract, environmental, and commercial surety accounts through multiple distribution channels in both the United States and Canada. We write on behalf of W. R. Berkley Corporation member company Berkley Insurance Company, which has an A.M. Best rating of A+ (Superior). We pride ourselves on building strong relationships with our agents. We highly value the insight and expertise our agency partners bring to the table which helps us provide timely and predictable surety solutions.
• Assists with department administration in the preparation of reports and presentations to senior management.
• Screens, routes, answers, and prioritizes a high volume of correspondence, emails and phone calls for claims department.
• Assists the claims team in file handling including claims file set-up and maintenance.
• Maintain and manage calendar while keeping claims department on schedule in a fast-paced environment.
• Proactively prepare and gather data required for meetings and conferences.
• Maintain and organize hard copy and electronic filing system according to company policy and standards.
• May assists claims team in preparing and distribution of transactional claims correspondence in response to no or low exposure claims or notices.
• Administers office regulatory compliance including adjuster state license maintenance and CE credits.
• May coordinate and organize travel: make travel reservations, create itineraries and process all travel related expense reports, including any departmental invoices.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to interact with all levels of the organization including BSG/W.R. Berkley senior management.
• Ability to work independently, take initiative and anticipate needs.
• Ability to deal with ambiguity and reprioritize tasks in response to unexpected changes in priorities/requests.
• High attention to detail with strong organizational and problem- solving skills.
• Must be fully vaccinated and remain fully vaccinated against COVID-19. * unless prohibited by law.
• The Company is an equal employment opportunity employer.
*Per the CDC, fully vaccinated means at least 2 weeks after (1) a second dose in a 2-dose series, or (2) a single-dose vaccine, and this status and definition applies to COVID-19 vaccines currently authorized for emergency use or approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.