Berkley Management Protection offers a modular suite of management liability products through the Grove℠, their bespoke and easy to use platform tailored towards independent agents. Their Trellis Management Liability Portfolio℠ of coverages include directors and officers, employment practices, fiduciary, cyber, crime and miscellaneous professional liability.
The Assistant Vice President is responsible for contributing to the overall financial results, profitable growth and sales culture for the region. The candidate will report to the Regional Vice President of Berkley Management Protection and the position will be based within the assigned region. As a newly formed Operating Unit of WR Berkley the Assistant Vice President will have significant influence as to the structure and roles of the team. Required travel will be approximately 60%.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Grow the Private Company Management Liability lines of business in assigned territory
• Work closely with the Regional Vice President to establish and implement a sales culture
• Establish strong relationships with agents in driving mutually beneficial results through agency planning, production and growth
• Manage distribution and negotiate agency appointment agreements
• Cultivate and pursue relationships in Insurtech and Affinity business
• Monitor competitor’s offerings and emerging industry issues
• Mentor junior underwriters regarding sales acumen and product knowledge
• Embrace relevant technology and actively improves skillset through formal and informal learning
• Be a resource for new and innovative ideas to continually challenge the status quo
• Influence the structure of the region to capitalize on the strengths of the individual team members
• Work with the Regional Vice President and Senior Leadership team to develop and drive underwriting and business strategies within region and nationally.
• Demonstrated experience in developing new agent relationships
• Strong sales acumen
• Minimum of 7-10 years of experience in a combination of sales and underwriting roles
• Prior management experience preferred
• An agile team player with strong written and verbal communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated ability to self-organize, prioritize and request help when needed
• Execution oriented with attention to details driven by natural curiosity and competitive spirit
• Base product knowledge within the Management Liability suite of products (D&O, Cyber, EPL, Crime, and Fiduciary)
• Ability to travel up to 60%
Bachelor’s Degree required