"Our Company provides a state of predictability which allows brokers and agents to act with confidence."
Founded in 1967, W. R. Berkley Corporation has grown from a small investment management firm into one of the largest commercial lines property and casualty insurers in the United States.
Along the way, we’ve been listed on the New York Stock Exchange, seen our revenue soar well past $7 billion, and become a well-respected Fortune 500 Company.
Today, the Berkley brand comprises 53 Berkley companies worldwide. Still managed by our Executive Chairman, founder and largest shareholder, W. R. Berkley Corporation is well-positioned to respond to opportunities for future growth.
In April 2017, W. R. Berkley Corporation celebrated the 50th anniversary of its founding.
Provide analytical support for a portfolio manager focused on deploying risk capital in a diverse range of opportunistic investments.
The role will include both middle office functions as it relates to reporting on the investments, interacting with our internal trade settlement, accounting, treasury and legal areas, and investment analysis in the asset management and new investment functions.
- Monitor investments utilizing a variety of tools/applications including Excel, Bloomberg, Intex and Aladdin. (potential for advanced applications)
- Communicating well, both verbally and in writing
- Quantitative and qualitative analysis
Calculating absolute, and relative returns
Strategic and Tactical Analysis
- Assist in the screening and analysis of prospective investments.
- Relationship maintenance and development, both internally, and externally
• Reviewing investee financial statements, variance analysis, comparing intercompany receivable/payable to investee balances, coordinating the classification of cash receipts as either return of capital or income
• Comparing wire information in bank to wire support prior to release ensuring accuracy;
• Coordinate and review support for manual prices (e.g., hard-to-price securities);
• Coordinate support for auditors, and working with outside managers.
• Monitor incoming and outgoing cash on a monthly basis, including cash needs and cash excess
• Liaise with banks’ help desk and third-party vendors to resolve banking issues
• Assist with the month-end bank reconciliation process;
• Good communication skills both verbally and written
• 0-2 years accounting background experience
• Proficient in Excel
• Ability to work with Tax, Finance and Accounting departments
• Bachelor’s Degree.