Berkley is among the largest commercial lines writers in the United States and operates worldwide in two segments of the property casualty insurance business: Insurance and Reinsurance.
We have the expertise and resources to utilize our strengths in the present environment, and the flexibility to anticipate, innovate and respond to whatever opportunities and challenges the future may hold.
Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Team:
The Berkley Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) team comprises catastrophe and ERM professionals responsible for identifying potential risks to Berkley, collating and analyzing data related to those risks, and reporting on risk-related matters.
The successful candidate will work closely with colleagues across a range of disciplines in corporate as well as colleagues from both domestic and international operating companies. Key responsibilities include:
Cyber, Climate Change and Other Emerging Risks
• Assist with monitoring our cyber insurance exposures
• Perform cyber catastrophe analysis using scenarios and catastrophe models
• Assist with research and monitoring of emerging risks, such as climate change, including their impact on both property and casualty lines of business, the investment portfolio and the operational aspect of our businesses
Risk Assessment and Reporting
• Perform calculation and sensitivity testing of our risk capital and prospective solvency assessment
• Assist in implementation and maintenance of the risk assessment processes across our domestic and international operating companies
• Assist in production of quarterly and annual ERM reports for senior management as well as for rating agencies and regulators
• Assist with automation and management of key risk processes and projects
Catastrophe Modeling and Analysis
• Assist with monitoring and measuring casualty accumulations through collating and analyzing both company and industry data
• Assist with development and improvement of casualty catastrophe scenarios
• Analyze reinsurance structure that protects our property and casualty catastrophe exposures