"Our Company provides a state of predictability which allows brokers and agents to act with confidence."
Founded in 1967, W. R. Berkley Corporation has grown from a small investment management firm into one of the largest commercial lines property and casualty insurers in the United States.
Along the way, we’ve been listed on the New York Stock Exchange, seen our revenue soar well past $7 billion, and become a well-respected Fortune 500 Company.
Today, the Berkley brand comprises 53 Berkley companies worldwide. Still managed by our Executive Chairman, founder and largest shareholder, W. R. Berkley Corporation is well-positioned to respond to opportunities for future growth.
In April 2017, W. R. Berkley Corporation celebrated the 50th anniversary of its founding.
A rare opportunity to partner in the ongoing growth and dynamic evolution of a holistic organizational development strategy for a Fortune 500 company with over 7,000 employees, the W. R. Berkley Director of Leadership Development creates leadership and management development solutions to build a world-class insurance leadership culture.
As a member of the Berkley Talent Management team, reporting to the head of Talent Management, you would design, deliver and continuously improve fully integrated development programs for leaders, from emerging managers to C-Level executives. Additionally, this role leads the support of local operating unit HR leaders in defining and promoting best practices and resources surrounding organizational talent development processes, such as succession planning, performance management and mentorship, particularly in the context of identifying and preparing next-generation people leaders.
Consulting with business leaders across our 50+ global business units, while collaborating closely with an engaged HR community, W.R. Berkley Talent Management is committed to nurturing a leadership culture that realizes our corporate motto “Everything Counts, Everyone Matters.” If you bring the skills and passion to help make that happen, let’s talk.
• Collaborate with the corporate Talent Management team, business and HR leadership to develop an enterprise strategy for leadership development; focusing specifically on building management capability of front-line leaders, as well as strategic skills of current and future C-level leadership.
• Work with the VP, Talent Management to enhance current succession planning, performance management, and mentorship processes both to enhance the identification of potential leadership talent and to drive enhanced business outcomes dependent on effective leadership skill.
• Conduct learning needs assessments, establish leadership program objectives, and design and implement blended learning programs, tools, and resources needed to build foundational and emerging manager and executive skill sets.
• Identify innovative and cost-effective solutions for new and emerging learning challenges, with a focus on leveraging collaboration in identification and development of leaders across units and functions.
• Deploy specific leadership programs across the organization, directly delivering content or coordinating deployment of external vendors and local training resources.
• Leverage a variety of assessment methodologies to measure program effectiveness and learner progress, ensuring consistent improvement and relevance of programs.
• Partner with Director, Organizational Development to support development and deployment of effective technical insurance and professional skills programs, as needed.
• Work with the VP, Talent Management to align all development initiatives to the broader HR and business strategy, leveraging an awareness of organizational culture and acting as a trusted advisor within the organization.
7+ Years experience in Organizational or Instructional Design required, with a specific focus on leadership development program management.
3+ Years experience in the insurance space preferred.
Bachelor’s Degree, with a concentration in Organizational Development a plus.