The Senior Underwriter is responsible for building relationships and effective producer management that leads to profitable underwriting of commercial transportation accounts.
The ideal location for this role is in Jacksonville, Fla and relocation assistance is available for the candidate selected.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Review new and renewal commercial insurance risks and determine accurate classification of business, policy contract forms and pricing of risk; review and act upon pertinent risk information such as loss control reports, motor vehicle reports (MVRs), loss runs and financial statements
- Responsible for book management of an assigned agency plant, including achieving predetermined premium goals and profitability objectives, conducting audits on agency business, effectively communicating the company underwriting philosophy and assuring compliance of underwriting best practices
- Cultivate effective agency relationships; conduct agency visits, communicate expectations and make recommendations for agency action(s) when appropriate
- Develop presentations to be delivered to the agent and/or insured detailing coverage, pricing and services provided by Carolina Casualty Insurance Company
- Provide guidance to Assistant Underwriters in technical matters of underwriting including, but not limited to, such procedures as coverages, cancellations, exclusions, endorsements and non-renewal action
- Assist in developing new products, coverage enhancements, and procedures that drive production and processing efficiency