"Our Company provides a state of predictability which allows brokers and agents to act with confidence."
Founded in 1967, W. R. Berkley Corporation has grown from a small investment management firm into one of the largest commercial lines property and casualty insurers in the United States.
Along the way, we’ve been listed on the New York Stock Exchange, seen our revenue soar well past $7 billion, and become a well-respected Fortune 500 Company.
Today, the Berkley brand comprises 53 Berkley companies worldwide. Still managed by our Executive Chairman, founder and largest shareholder, W. R. Berkley Corporation is well-positioned to respond to opportunities for future growth.
In April 2017, W. R. Berkley Corporation celebrated the 50th anniversary of its founding.
Professional support specialist floater supports departments on an as needed basis and is the primary back up for the for receptionist on a daily basis.
• Answer phones
• Assist in sorting mail, deliver mail from Chairman’s office twice a day
• Schedule appointments
• Schedule conference rooms
• Assist with and/or schedule business travel
• Assist with and/or complete expense reports
• Maintain inventory of office supplies
• Cover reception desk throughout the day
• Support Executive Administrative Assistants on an as needed basis
• Assist the Reinsurance department with creating files, manipulating spreadsheets and other projects
• Other duties as assigned
• Proficient in Word and Excel
• Strong Organizational skills and attention to detail
• Strong Team Player
• Flexible and adaptable to new situations and work assignments that may change daily
• Willingness to work overtime on an as needed basis
• Able to interact well with various levels of management and colleagues
Bachelor’s Degree Preferred or Experience Equivalent