Berkley Technology Services (BTS) is hiring a Director of Security Architecture to be located in our Wilmington, DE office location (remote available for the right candidate). On our team, you’ll actively engage with development and engineering teams, client companies, and Senior Leadership to evangelize, lead, and implement security solutions. Your passion for technology and innate curiosity will drive solutions that explore the world of possibility for security risk reduction in an incredibly complex, challenging, and changing technical landscape. To do this, you’ll lead a skilled team of Security Architects, Engineers, and Consultants to drive forward the technical evolution of our security program with the freedom to proactively assess and implement new technologies that protect our environment.
To carry this out, you’ll:
- Lead the security planning and delivery of multi-year, multi system solutions for businesses/operating units within W.R. Berkley Corporation (WRBC)
- Regularly and proactively introduce security procedures and technologies to protect internal and external business threats.
- Provide technical expertise as you communicate security architectural decisions, benefits, risks and other activities including vendor reviews, requirement definition, facilitation of security testing, and management of residual risk
- Serve as the expert across security architecture functional areas; credential management, access provisioning, authentication and authorization, data loss prevention (DLP), application security, infrastructure security, data security, security monitoring, operations security, cloud services, web application firewall (WAF), cloud access security broker (CASB), vulnerability management, vulnerability remediation, Office 365
- Scout, recommend, and implement emerging cyber security solutions in order to provide best of breed architectures, and continuous improvement of Berkley’s security posture
- Drive project management, acting as an escalation point with regards to diagnosis, root-cause elimination, risk mitigation activities
What we’re looking for:
- 10+ years of progressive hands on architecture and engineering experience in computing and information security
- 5+ years of experience leading teams in Security Architecture and or Engineering functions, communicating your vision to all facets of an enterprise
- Experience consulting with business and technology stakeholders to build and implement secure solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Security, or a related field
- Preferred appropriate technical and management level certifications for this position
Berkley Technology Services (BTS), a member company of W. R. Berkley Corporation, has facilities located in Des Moines, Iowa and Wilmington, Delaware and provides results-driven software applications, system connectivity, and world-class operational support across the enterprise. Offering an entrepreneurial and innovative culture, we enable team members to be on the cutting edge of technology while delivering high quality solutions. Additionally, we provide a competitive compensation and benefits package including a casual dress code and flexible work arrangements. BTS is constantly growing and expanding to meet the changing demands of one of the most successful insurance organizations in the world. Visit us at https://berkley-bts.com to learn more about BTS and the career opportunities we have available!