The Middle Market Underwriter builds dynamic relationships with independent agencies, maintains a strong distribution channel, achieves written premium growth and maximizes renewal retention. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Strengthens relationships and educates agents within agency plant to maximize opportunities and achieve profitable growth.
- Achieves new business premium, renewal premium retention and rate change objectives
- Within company guidelines and granted underwriting authority, evaluates new and renewal information to determines risk acceptability terms/conditions to be quoted, and priced.
- Utilizes various underwriting tools to: determine acceptable risk characteristics; determine accurate exposure classifications; set adequate property limits to accomplish appropriate insurance to value and rate and quote business to agents
- Orders and reviews inspections to confirm accounts written are consistent with preliminary underwriting information and take action when the inspection reveals unacceptable risk characteristics.
- Determines if facultative reinsurance is needed and if so, factors reinsurance cost in gross pricing, completes cession procedures; documents file and follows established workflow procedure to ensure proper reporting / accounting.