Berkley Construction Professionals has a great opportunity for a VP of Underwriting to join the team! The Vice President will provide technical support to underwriting staff and will be responsible for the following:
- Providing senior level expertise in the underwriting of construction professional liability business with knowledge of both the PERFORM and OPUS business segments.
- Oversee the training and development of junior underwriters with / without the title of underwriting manager
- Effective and efficient interaction with BAM Operations personnel in order to service accounts in a timely fashion.
- Strong ability / comfort in marketing insurance products to new and existing brokers
- Generating new annually renewable PERFORM / HARMONY business and project specific PERFORM / OPUS / HARMONY business
- Stellar presentation skills
- Education of all parties seeking knowledge of our construction professional liability products.
- Top-of-the-line servicing / responsiveness for existing customers, including brokers and clients
- Providing content to bolster internet site and Risk Management operations
- Interact well with BCP / BAM senior management personnel in order to achieve necessary results
- Contributing to the long-term profitability of BCP / BAM
The role will contribute to continued development and growth of our business with the following:
- Senior level experience in the construction professional liability arena;
- Build off personal and existing BCP broker relationships to build book of business
- Potential to manage underwriters with range of no experience to the senior underwriter level
- Interact with other BAM / BCP senior personnel to maximize production strategy
- Contribute to the long-term profitability of BCP / BAM