The Underwriting Assistant provides administrative support to a team of Underwriters and Underwriting Leaders. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Prepares accounts for renewal by conducting claims checks, preparing a brief financial analysis, and researching recent corporate events.
- Assists underwriters in the quoting, binding, and issuance process by using proprietary systems to generate the necessary letters and documents.
- Handles all premium entry using proprietary systems for all new and renewal accounts and endorsements.
- Works with the finance department to reconcile any accounting discrepancies.
- Compiles client meeting preparation documents for Management use.
- Maintains other spreadsheets / databases as required.
- Maintains accurate policy files on bound and lost business accounts by scanning and uploading necessary documents on a weekly basis.
- Prepares for and participates on group underwriting conference calls conducted in advance of quoting.