The Workers’ Compensation Liaison is a member of the Client Success Advisor team. As a Workers’ Compensation Liaison at Intrepid, you will be responsible for cultivating and managing relationships – relationships between our Work Comp Claim Handling Partners, our Internal Departments and most importantly, our valued customers. You will help to develop, support and maintain innovative processes and procedures to drive results and address challenges specific to our franchise clients. You will help answer claim related questions from policyholders, participate in claim reviews, assist in compliance related matters, participate in special projects and most importantly, make us better.
At Intrepid we value innovation above all else. We have created a community where we have redefined the word “mistakes” as “learning opportunities” and encourage our employees to break out from the familiar. We foster open mindedness and intellectual humility in order to create a safe and inviting work environment for employees to think outside the box. As an integral part of the team, the role is responsible for leading and innovating new and better ways to add value for clients and then working with colleagues in other departments to make the ideas come to life.
- Serve as a point of contact and knowledge for all internal departments, and for our clients, specific to the Workers’ Compensation line of business.
- Help to develop processes, best practices and ultimately manage procurement and delivery of medical provider listings.
- Participating in claim review meetings to keep clients apprised of claim status and related trends.
- Helping build and maintain relationships with existing and future strategic partners who can help us achieve excellent claim outcomes for franchise clients.
- Collaborating to shape the future strategy of the Claims Department, specific to the Worker’s Compensation Line of Business.
- Conducting research on industry trend and keeping apprised of laws in Federal, State and Local jurisdictions.
- Understand telematics data and provide feedback and coaching to clients.
- Contribute to the innovative processes at IDI.
Working Relationships & Contacts
- Interacts continuously with all levels of employees of various departments
- Must exhibit professional behavior at all times while representing the company
Knowledge & Experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience handing Workers’ Compensation Claims for a carrier
- Minimum 3 years of experience managing or supporting client relationships specific to the insurance business
- Prefer experience in a leadership role
- Build sustainable relationships of trust through open and interactive communication
- Track record of success with positions of increasing responsibility
- Curious by nature
- Ability to organize, multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively
- Detail oriented
- Strategic thinker
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Self-starting, self-motivating
- Driven to embrace new technologies
Education & Certification
- Bachelor’s degree
- ARM, AIC, SCLA and/or CPCU and/or other related designations preferred
- Have, or the ability to obtain, adjuster license in required states
- Limited travel required-less than 20%
- Occasional evening and weekend work required to meet deadlines.