Berkley Oil & Gas, a Berkley Company, is an innovative market leader dedicated to providing unique products and services tailored to the needs of businesses operating in the energy industry. We have a deep understanding of our clients’ operations and the exposures they face, and we make it a priority to stay well informed of the changing dynamics in the industry. With well over 250 years of combined energy experience, our objective is to provide total account solutions to our customers. This includes specialized coverages, risk services that complement existing safety practices, and claims management that reflects our in depth knowledge of hazards and losses normal to this industry.
A qualified candidate for our Energy Casualty Underwriting position will have experience and expertise in the duties and qualifications outlined below. Candidate will also have experience working with a team to help achieve business unit objectives.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Accountable for the profitable management of a casualty book of business, including the underwriting of new and renewal accounts consistent with business unit appetite and underwriting guidelines.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining relationships with brokers and agents and managing agency profitability.
- Will have marketing responsibilities for assigned territories, including strategic growth initiatives.
- Understand policy language and coverage interpretation, contractual risk transfer analysis, loss analysis and underwriting compliance.
- Collaborate across the organization with risk services, claims, actuarial, finance/accounting, and IT.
- Travel as needed to maintain strong relationships with agents and customers.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent training
- A minimum of 5 years as a casualty lines underwriter, preferably within the energy industry and upstream oil & gas space.
- Advanced analytical skills to interpret business information from multiple sources to make critical account decisions regarding quality of risk.
- Strong decision-making skills to execute on the underwriting intent and develop a profitable book of business.
- Must possess effective interpersonal skills with solid ability to build and manage relationships with agents, brokers, customers, and other employees.
- In-depth knowledge of insurance coverage, products, rating and pricing techniques, including guaranteed cost and loss sensitive.
- Excellent negotiation and marketing skills.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Solid computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office products.
- Applicants will have prior field marketing experience with agent, broker, and customer meetings.
- Travel 20%.
Please visit our website: https://www.berkleyoil-gas.com/