The Private Company Management Liability Senior Underwriter analyzes and underwrites existing and prospective private company accounts seeking Directors and Officers, Employment Practices, and Fiduciary Liability insurance coverage. S/he develops relationships with key brokers to increase the submission flow and quality of new business prospects. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Prepare thorough underwriting work-ups that contain a detailed financial analysis, claims/legal history, and a review of significant recent corporate events for each new business and renewal account.
- Communicate with brokers during the renewal process to ascertain the client’s renewal expectations and on new business accounts to find the best opportunity for successfully winning the business.
- Participate in client meetings designed to address each account’s risk factors and mitigation approach.
- Work with senior managers to rate and price new/renewal accounts and draft all quote/binder letters and issue the policy.
- Responsible for maintaining the underwriting files on all in-force and lost/declined accounts.