The Financial Manager will be responsible for performing functions such as compilation and analysis of financial information, workpaper development, and coordinating special projects that support the Finance team. The Financial Manager is also responsible for the management and daily operations of the team in conjunction with the CFO.
- Coordinates the analysis and reporting of monthly financial results in a deadline focused environment, working with the team to gather information and proactively identify and propose solutions to issues as they arise. This includes ensuring that balance sheet accounts are supported by appropriate documentation.
- Demonstrates solid business acumen and analytical expertise to perform ad hoc financial analysis and effectively communicates the financial statement results to management.
- Manages a team of finance staff members to ensure strong performance and execution in job responsibilities as well as ensures the continued professional development of these team members.
- Leads efforts to continuously improve processes to increase the speed and effectiveness of financial analysis.
- Proactively identifies areas of risks in financial reporting or operational activities, clearly communicates the risks, and provides as proposed solution to resolve any issues.
- Proactively works with others (within department and beyond) to explain reasons why we don’t hit month-end reporting deadlines and develop solutions for the upcoming month.
- Must be a highly effective user of all financial systems, as well as policy and claims systems, and Corporate platforms and tools in order to identify and coordinate resolution of system issues.
- Continually assess the business value and efficiency of the work performed, making suggestions for improvements and collaborating with others in implementing them.
- Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required
- Coordinate and prepare information for all compliance requests including, but not limited to, Financial SOX control testing and auditor requests to ensure an efficient process and timely completion.
- Fosters the development of teammates through training or reviewing their work. This includes assisting team members with innovation progress and following through with ideas and experiments. Demonstrating the ability to develop his/her own innovative ideas that would have a measureable impact at the financial statement level will be critical to keep the organization progressing strategically
- Assists with annual budget preparation and ongoing budget variance analyses throughout the year.
- Proactively identify areas across affiliates to create efficiencies and best practices across the organization.
- Bachelor`s degree (Finance or Accounting) is required. Minimum of 10 years of finance/accounting experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience leading and engaging teams in fast-paced results driven organizations.
- Preferred Qualification: CPA license
- Experience with the following technologies preferred: Essbase, OBIEE, VENA Solutions, PeopleSoft and PowerBI
- Must demonstrate attention to detail in a fast-paced work environment and the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously to drive results.
- Communicates effectively with teammates and others, leading meetings and interacting with increasingly higher levels of management to gather information and effectively present results and recommendations.
- Consistently demonstrate positive innovation behaviors that support new ideas to keep the department and company moving forward.
- Proactively demonstrate assessment of risks within internal controls, processes and financials.