Berkley Accident and Health is seeking a Premium Accountant to join its Finance Department to administer its premium billing, collection and reporting process. S/he will report directly into the Accounting Manager. And will be directly responsible for premium administration and cash receipts application activities related to the Company’s Employer Stop Loss insurance business that is administered through its David Young system. This is an exceptionally good entry level opportunity for someone who is interested in building a career in the Accounting area of the insurance industry. Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Application of cash receipts to policyholder accounts.
- Production / mailing of claim and commission checks to agents, brokers and TPAs.
- Balancing the system to the company’s cash book and bank statement, and preparing the system for month-end closing.
- Reaching out to policyholders, agents, brokers and TPAs for adjustments to premium remittance.
- Reviewing aging reports and pursuing outstanding premiums.
- Updating company’s cash book by segments by treaties.
- Recording claim refund to David Young System.
- Working with the Underwriting, Account Managers, and Finance teams in the resolution of any premium reporting, billing, commission, or payment issues.