Berkley Fire & Marine Underwriters offers preferred inland marine and commercial property insurance products and services throughout the United States. With the ability to craft customized terms, we provide the most effective protection for those in the construction, logistics, manufacturing and transportation industries.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the following essential duties and responsibilities satisfactorily as well as any other duties that may be assigned.
Support the underwriting and marketing teams as follows:
- Obtain and attach required underwriting documents. This may include the use of vendor or third party web applications. Documents may vary depending on the class of business.
- Clear and initiate submissions attaching and creating supporting underwriting documentation for UWs.
- Read and comprehend instructions provided for navigation and effective use of Company workflow and processing systems, Imaging System and other system supported rating tools.
- Compose, type, print and mail professional letters to provide recommendations from Loss Prevention surveys and reports. Track and share status and response with underwriter.
- Read, comprehend, and use judgment in establishing ways to handle work items when clear processes and procedures are not established or when system is down.
- Manage multiple tasks and meet established deadlines.
- Meet established production goals while maintaining high levels of quality. Manage work to meet established company service standards.
- Contact Agents, Bureaus, or Company Underwriting regarding rating matters.
- Issue Inland Marine policies.
- Respond appropriately to agents’ or underwriting requests for rating information.
- Day to day tracking and updates of the company’s various social media platforms to promote customer engagement and brand awareness including communicating with social media followers and responding to queries in a timely manner.
- Create and distribute engaging written or graphic content in the form of web page and blog content, e-newsletters, or social media posts that adhere to the company’s brand identity.
- Use of analytical tools such as Google Analytics, Hootsuite, and others to monitor and evaluate the company’s marketing presence and performance.