The Underwriter is responsible for transactional underwriting and functions associated with underwriting risks on behalf of Berkley One Personal Lines Clients. This position will ideally be located in Morristown, NJ but we're also open to qualified candidates in the Chicago area. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Review and approve new business, endorsements and renewals that fall within underwriting authority and company guidelines. Refer risks that fall outside authority or guidelines.
- Review risk management reports to identify and recommend risk management solutions and requirements
- Provide pro-active quote coaching for agents on new business submissions; align and convert referred accounts to new business
- Recommend service and risk management solutions at new line and other points of the underwriting transaction with agent/broker
- Manage book of business as it grows ensuring high quality and profitability of business
- Anticipate insured and agent needs and find service solutions
- Collaborate with Distribution, Marketing and Customer Service colleagues to ensure alignment and a consistent customer experience