MARCH 24, 2020
During this unprecedented pandemic, we at Intrepid Direct Insurance wish you and your family good health. We are continuing to recruit for quality additions to our growing company. We are confident our direct and tech-forward model will be in demand through an uncertain economic future. Please consider joining our team! Bill Strout, President
Intrepid Direct Insurance is a rapidly growing, innovative property and casualty company and a member of the W. R. Berkley Corporation, a fortune 500 company, rated A+ (Superior) by A.M. Best. Our vision is to create the most efficient insurance experience for our customers leveraging technology and our deep knowledge of our customer’s needs. Our team is comprised of “A” level talent and innovative thinkers. You will be part of a highly-collaborative team of talented and focused professionals. Join a group that enjoys working together, trusts each other, and takes pride in our hard-earned success.
The Actuarial Director will collaborate with multiple departments in bringing actuarial solutions to bear on business problems. They will be responsible for direction and execution of assigned traditional actuarial functions, including pricing and reserving, as well as working with other departments in bringing new products to market and solving needs both for internal and external customers. They will be the primary contact for both internal and external customers on assigned functional areas.
- Direct and execute the strategy of assigned functional area(s) to provide accurate and timely analyses and communications to internal, external, and corporate customers. Functional areas include traditional actuarial functions such as pricing, reserving, regulation, and analysis.
- Effectively execute ad-hoc requests as required from internal, external, and corporate customers.
- Assess and enhance existing actuarial processes to improve effectiveness and efficiency within department.
- Contribute to professional development of actuarial staff through direct observation and feedback.
- Work on interdisciplinary teams to bring new products to market and to monitor and improve existing products.
- Collaboration to improve the insurance experience for our customers.
- Cultivate a spirit of innovation and improvement within the candidate, department, and company.
- Assumes other tasks and duties as assigned by management.
- Must possess a Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a property and casualty actuarial setting.
- CAS Associateship or Fellowship required.
- Mastery of core software skills, including actuarial software, database, claims and policy systems, Microsoft Office suite.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with other departments and management.
- Manage multiple tasks, detail oriented, demonstrate curiosity, independent thought and critical thinking.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Extensive practical knowledge including financial reporting.
- Self-starting, self-motivating, and capable of making decisions autonomously.
- Ability to analyze data to help management make informed business choices.
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Medical, dental, vision, life, disability insurance
- 401(k) and profit-sharing
- Paid vacation, sick time, and standard holidays
- Paid maternity/parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Gym membership subsidy
- Free snacks & beverages
- Casual dress code
Please visit our website: https://www.intrepiddirect.com/