The Life Science Products Specialist, a key contributor within the Berkley Life Sciences organization, is responsible for underwriting complex products liability accounts, training the underwriting staff and project management. Collaborates with leadership and directs teams and partners to assure strategic, operational and developmental goals of the functional area are met.
Location: Flexible Naperville, IL; Ewing, NJ or another Berkley office
Specific Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Underwrite and maintain a small book of complex products liability accounts
- Design and develop products liability training programs, materials and curriculum; administer training to the underwriting staff based on skill gaps and career paths
- Products Liability Referral Underwriter
- Project Management- ensure the coordination and completion of all activities within the scope of an assigned project; adhere to deadlines; monitor and summarize progress.
- Assistance with placement of international life science business and possible assistance with international Berkley companies
- Support Berkley Transactional in their Life Science M&A deals
- Assist underwriters and Legal in addressing issues related to contract wording
- Draft and update underwriter authority templates
- Identify, update and implement any needed changes to underwriting strategies, guidelines and protocols
- Travel to support field with broker presentations
- Participate in development of marketing support for product offerings
- Ensure that general processing and quality of policy construction complies with guidelines